How about a battle mode?

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Hey,

I am not sure if anyone has sugguested this idea already, but how about a multiplayer battle mode. The idea being that you could choose your colony or the host decides which ants are used. The maps could be either premade / prearranged or auto generated, in case this is already a thing.

For the gameplay itself it would be cool to either set a target to reach or to just manage to kill the enemy queen. It would add a new level of playing together and to be honest I might be able to get some of my friends into the game or in general into ant keeping.

If the game was to grow big enough it would be cool to have small tournaments. ;)

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
yeah but there should be a small time where u can't cross the middle so u can't just spam army ant minor and quickly win game
The thing is you both would need to work your way to the other end of the map or to the other nest. It could have a small balance so that whoever is the strongest gets more obstacles depending on the strength difference

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Btw. FOR THE LOVE OF MULTIPLAYER. Please do NOT USE one of those stupid technics where both need to open a specific port on their router / firewall. Just let people connect through steam or something. Whenever I try to play stardew valley in co op for example it doesn't work. And for factorio I need to create a vpn or something via hamachi which I hate. xc
So please keep that in mind in case you want to add a multiplayer. Also maybe add multiplayer as a 2€ DLC.