Beetles Rise Up! New Extra Level Out NOW

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Discard the shackles of oppression - in our latest extra level Beetles Rise Up!, you must grow your beetle pack to annihilate your captors. All of your beetles are controlled by a single pheromone marker - simply move near beetles to add them to your pack, bolstering your strength. Kill all enemies and free all beetles to win! Game knowledge from your campaign and freeplay experiences will be helpful; it'll allow you to gauge threats before you take them on.

Your game client will not need to update to get the new level; it will already be there.

This extra level is inspired by Beetle Uprising, a game by our friends at Iocane Games! It's a deeply complex genetics game with real-time tactics and some colony management elements. Check it out here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/662680/Beetle_Uprising/

Discard the shackles of oppression - in our latest extra level Beetles Rise Up!, you must grow your beetle pack to annihilate your captors. All of your beetles are controlled by a single pheromone marker - simply move near beetles to add them to your pack, bolstering your strength. Kill all enemies and free all beetles to win! Game knowledge from your campaign and freeplay experiences will be helpful; it'll allow you to gauge threats before you take them on.

Your game client will not need to update to get the new level; it will already be there.

This extra level is inspired by Beetle Uprising, a game by our friends at Iocane Games! It's a deeply complex genetics game with real-time tactics and some colony management elements. Check it out here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/662680/Beetle_Uprising/
Just saw this on youtube before seeing it here, it's great but what if the developers of Beetle Uprising get angry for this?

EDIT: Wait just saw the end of the video where you referenced Beetle Uprising, you'll be fine.

MedinB

Colony
Is it me or your computer just got upgraded? Creature skins look way better than previous trailer.
Yep! 4k monitor! It's basically anti-aliasing. 4k monitors give a more beautiful game experience. However, with this 4k stuff, the performance can decrease badly depending on the game.

No need, but just thought I would mention it. Little example: This is 1080p and 1440p on a game called “Metro Exodus” you're going to feel the difference! — 3070 RTX as example. [I wish I had it =( ] - Note this is not even 4k. Kinda insane in a way.
Capture5.PNG

Just saw this on youtube before seeing it here, it's great but what if the developers of Beetle Uprising get angry for this?

EDIT: Wait just saw the end of the video where you referenced Beetle Uprising, you'll be fine.
Slug Disco is also the publishers of Beetle Uprising!:p It would just promote more traffic into the game, they shouldn't be angry at all.

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
played this level, it was very fun!
Agreed! Besides from the “minor inconvenience” I had while playing, it is now my personal favorite.
20211004002552_1.jpg
Quick Edit: Almost forgot, the beetles sticking out of the ground is most likely from me speeding up the game with cheat engine. Eotu was not designed to have fast-forward options. ; I just wanted to complete the level sooner for some reason anyway

Yeah about the whole rising up thing... when I played the level, there were 2 level 2 or 3 black ants guarding about 5 beetle larvae, I mean those black ants do look tough but seriously guys? IN REAL LIFE those 2 black ants would have been in a lot of trouble because they are trapped between 2 groups of 5 beetles. Rise up, yeah definitely.

I'm just poking fun at these beetles NOT at the level or the devs. Its a unique and brilliant level.