Choosing Your Nest (Extra Levels)

WaffleGuy

Colony
I have a suggestion for future extra levels that have multiple colonies. What if you could choose which nest to play as? Once the system is completed, it would definitely add more interest to extra levels using it and allow players to spend much more time on these levels. This would also mean that the developers would have to spend less work keeping the players occupied and can spend more time into the story mode. And most importantly, it brings new challenges for the same level, like winning the level on insane with the weaker colony for example. This could also be based on the same mechanics that freeplay uses, so the level would take minimal time to develop and yet still be worth playing.

Last edited:

WaffleGuy

Colony
have their ups and downs, with none that are worse then the others
This is the case with the current extra levels for the most part. But, let's say you had a new extra level with two fire ant colonies. The objective is to kill the other colony, and one colony gets more food than the other colony. If you could choose your colony, then winning with the second colony, who gets less food, would be a potential challenge to complete on some difficulty and would also be interesting to use and strategize with.

alayyan23

Queen
They are some levels that you have to start with a weaker colony and become stronger to rule or help the neighboring colony like hibernation that has no helping all of the colonies are stronger than you

WaffleGuy

Colony
Well then in that case, I would just not integrate the system into that level, it wouldn't be worth rebalancing for that purpose.

They are some levels that you have to start with a weaker colony and become stronger to rule or help the neighboring colony like hibernation that has no helping all of the colonies are stronger than you
i'm taking not only raw power as factors, i also look at strategical position: how much food is avialable, how does their underground(base build space) look like, what creatures are near them?

WaffleGuy

Colony
i'm taking not only raw power as factors, i also look at strategical position: how much food is avialable, how does their underground(base build space) look like, what creatures are near them?
Well yes, but we can always just give the opponent colony a headstart so they can deal with early game more quickly, if the need arises.

WaffleGuy

Colony
i just think it causes way too many problems
Except, isn't this the case with any level balancing? Sure, you'd have to play and test both individual colonies for balancing, but it still may be worth it since that extra secondary testing is not as tedious as building a whole other level - it could solve problems where people always wanted to be the different colonies, like with QotH, but with an extra level of course.

Except, isn't this the case with any level balancing? Sure, you'd have to play and test both individual colonies for balancing, but it still may be worth it since that extra secondary testing is not as tedious as building a whole other level - it could solve problems where people always wanted to be the different colonies, like with QotH, but with an extra level of course.
as what colony is there to play as then? playing as the hibernation supercolony would be OP and way to easy, other then that all other extra levels don't really have colonies with there own gimmick or special location

WaffleGuy

Colony
as what colony is there to play as then? playing as the hibernation supercolony would be OP and way to easy, other then that all other extra levels don't really have colonies with there own gimmick or special location
As I said before, you don't have to implement the system into the level if the level doesn't call for it. The general idea behind this suggestion is just an extra feature that the devs would use to enhance some missions.