Question about the ant queens.

Joorff

Worker
Will there ever be a redesign of any of the old queens? (Formica Fusca and Ereptor in particular)
It isn't a particularly important thing to change but I feel like the Fusca and Ereptor queens could use a newer character model.
I can understand not changing the Ereptors as they are meant to stand out as they are the player's main species for story mode, but with the newer ants being given a much more detailed design, it couldn't hurt to (in the future) give the older ant queen models a revamp.

Again, not a very important thing, just something i've been thinking about.

Joorff

Worker
I don't support Ereptors being remade because I think the design makes it feel like they are, indeed, lab ants, but I do support Formica Fusca queens being remodeled, if they could be improved.
That's fair. I heard that there was that Myrmecia Ereptor thing for the kickstarter that in the June 2019 newsletter was mentioned by the devs that it could possibly be a DLC at some point. Here's some images of that.
Myrmecia Ereptor1.jpg
Myrmecia Ereptor2.jpg
But for the Fusca design, I felt like the model was becoming increasingly outdated due to the newer, more detailed ants being added like the Leafcutters and Fire Ants, making the Fuscas look a bit out of place.

But yeah I get what you mean with the Ereptors.

MedinB

Colony
I think the models are fine, and are well made. I am not exactly sure what seems off about them. Can you describe in more detail what you mean? I don't notice anything that looks off at first glance.

That's fair. I heard that there was that Myrmecia Ereptor thing for the kickstarter that in the June 2019 newsletter was mentioned by the devs that it could possibly be a DLC at some point. Here's some images of that.
View attachment 1459
View attachment 1460

I don't think it would be DLC, though. It is more likely the developers would simply raise the game's price. Adding DLC would make a lot of people annoyed. Especially if it's priced poorly. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

WaffleGuy

Colony
I think the models are fine, and are well made. I am not exactly sure what seems off about them. Can you describe in more detail what you mean? I don't notice anything that looks off at first glance.
Don't get me wrong, they are great, but they could be a bit better compared to fire ants, along with other visual features of the game. Though I do support the idea of remodeling, it might not be worth the time unless it got bundled into its own update.

Joorff

Worker
I don't have any big issues with the Fusca queen model other than how it doesn't really match the art style of the other queen models.
ThumbdblzBlackAntQueen.jpgThumbdblzWoodAntQueen.jpg
A. Cephalotes.jpgS. Invicta.jpg
The Fusca queen model, when compared to the other queen models, is a lot more cartoony that the others, which makes it look out of place when side-by-side with the later queen models. Edit: I should say that the Formica Fusca queen looks out of place specifically with the Leafcutters and Fire Ants.

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
I don't have any big issues with the Fusca queen model other than how it doesn't really match the art style of the other queen models.
View attachment 1463View attachment 1468
View attachment 1469View attachment 1470
The Fusca queen model, when compared to the other queen models, is a lot more cartoony that the others, which makes it look out of place when side-by-side with the later queen models. Edit: I should say that the Formica Fusca queen looks out of place specifically with the Leafcutters and Fire Ants.

If we compare all the EotU queens, I think there does seem to be an improvement of quality in the later tiers, but I am not sure how it looks a little off place compared to the other queens. It seems it's just because of the lighting and/or the white background. It's not the model itself, but possibly the texture? However, it's only requiring “minor” changes which, at best, are not needed.

I don't really notice the cartoony quality too much, but if enough people want it, I am certain the developers might tweak it. We'll see if the devs respond.

WaffleGuy

Colony
View attachment 1459
View attachment 1460
But for the Fusca design, I felt like the model was becoming increasingly outdated due to the newer, more detailed ants being added like the Leafcutters and Fire Ants, making the Fuscas look a bit out of place.

Im not a huge fan of extra stuff that you have to pay for.
I would to like to see some texture upgrades on older creatures.