[Feedback] - [Oversight] Non-colored Ants

MedinB

Colony
It appears that the “Colony Color” does not change the new ant species' color in the 4th tier update.
The image below is showing a pink Fire ant colony. I am unable to identify the colony color by simply looking at the ants. It's not a required thing, but I am certain the freeplay update will address this.

20220727173123_1.jpg

[Slug Disco, you may rest!] Thanks for the update!

It appears that the “Colony Color” does not change the new ant species' color in the 4th tier update.
The image below is showing a pink Fire ant colony. I am unable to identify the colony color by simply looking at the ants. It's not a required thing, but I am certain the freeplay update will address this.

View attachment 1475

[Slug Disco, you may rest!] Thanks for the update!
I actually enjoy them when they’re not pink. They will probably fix this one in a week or so.

Joorff

Worker
It could be a possible option in the settings to show or not show colors. That might work.

It would make sense to hide the colors in the documentary missions.
There could also be a coloured square or something next to the health bar, should you choose to have health bars on and the player colony wouldn't have one because of the fact that player colony's health bars are green as opposed to red, making it easier to tell them apart.

MedinB

Colony
I'd prefer this over the current system which trades off part of the ant model for color.
This could be part of the “Realistic Mode” in the settings, or a separate option where the ant won't have a colony color on the model. The model will not show the colony color, and it will be the standard ant with no specific color. It will be there for those who probably want to make the game a tad more realistic if they wish. I think that is the best idea, thoughts?

WaffleGuy

Colony
Instead of realistic mode being one single setting, it should be split into different settings like tile surfers, food outline, and of course, colored ants which we are talking about. I wouldn't really want to see the full ant models at the cost of not seeing underground caverns.