Can't Find Tutorial or Narrators Voice In Demo

MrTech

Larva
Hi I really like the look of this game, I have always been interested in insects, and this game looks like the sort of game I would really like,
However upon downloading the demo on steam and playing it , trying all the missions highlighted on the main screen, I can't find one that is a tutorial or has the narrators voice please help.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The tutorial isn't in the demo yet (it was only added to the full game a few weeks back), and none of the demo levels have full narration.

We should be getting an update to the demo out this week that includes the tutorial.

MrTech

Larva
The tutorial isn't in the demo yet (it was only added to the full game a few weeks back), and none of the demo levels have full narration.

We should be getting an update to the demo out this week that includes the tutorial.
This is great to hear, I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this, please let me know if I should of,
I was wondering what is the AI like in the game?

MedinB

Colony
Is it fairly intelligent though?
That's a tricky one. The current AI is smart enough to do the generic things; build, attack, and harvest resources, etc. Although, they will sometimes harvest food sources very far away and usually just die from enemies. If they lose all their harvesting groups during the start, they will simply just wait around until they die from creatures or just wait until their ants eventually respawn for free. It's not a very smart AI, but it's not a bad one either. They do end up cheating in many circumstances.

Freeplay AI anyway is going to be redone soon and there have been many improvements to it. You can see these improvements listed in the fan wiki.

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The tutorial has now been added to the demo on Steam:

MrTech

Larva
The tutorial has now been added to the demo on Steam:

Oh Cool Thanks I will check it out :)

MrTech

Larva
That's a tricky one. The current AI is smart enough to do the generic things; build, attack, and harvest resources, etc. Although, they will sometimes harvest food sources very far away and usually just die from enemies. If they lose all their harvesting groups during the start, they will simply just wait around until they die from creatures or just wait until their ants eventually respawn for free. It's not a very smart AI, but it's not a bad one either. They do end up cheating in many circumstances.

Freeplay AI anyway is going to be redone soon and there have been many improvements to it. You can see these improvements listed in the fan wiki.
Thanks this is really helpful :)