Recent content by DarrinIocane

1. DarrinIocane

Suggestion : Mutations

If you want to downgrade your collection, you can go back and get an egg by winning an earlier mission. It will have weaker genes. When bred with an end-game beetle, only half the chromosomes come from each parent, so you'll wind up with offspring with lower stats, which you can breed up again...
  2. DarrinIocane

New build on Beta (4/16/20)

I just put up a new build on the beta branch. * It addresses a bug on the Breeding screen where a parent would gray-out, and lead to other errors. * Added some forum and upsell links to the Shell menu. Darrin.
  3. DarrinIocane

Game breaking bug when breeding low numbers of beetles

I just put up a new build that I believe addresses the grayed-out parents while breeding-and-juicing. I think that will address this "locked out" issue on the breeding screen. Again, if that ever happens, please get us a copy of the log file, because I'm certain the only way that can happen is...
  4. DarrinIocane

If that kind of thing happens again (a reproducible crash/hang from a given save file), we'd *love* to have a copy of the save file (and saved beetles, if possible) so we could load it up ourselves and zero in on the issue.
  5. DarrinIocane

Liam, thanks! That log file has several very interesting problems showing. Some Beetles appear to exist with Null stats, internally, which should be impossible, of course. That shows up several times in the log. Eventually, it appears you breed using that corrupt beetle, and several further...
  6. DarrinIocane

Bug, the beetles can block the mouseover when trying to clean a waste in the nest

If you look carefully, the little blue and white confetti is supposed to be angling over to the blue XP meter which counts up. (Or it was when the XP meter was in the right hand corner. I'll make a note to double check that.)
  7. DarrinIocane

I've unsuccessfully tried to repro this a number of ways. If you could remember the exact steps, it would be so helpful. I see from your screen that you've got one baby, and no beetles out on tasks. None of that should be an issue. Do you recall if you had just recently loaded a saved game? Or...
  8. DarrinIocane

[Bug] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} The breeding screen 'parent portraits' can gray out when juicing beetles from within the breeding screen

We had one more thought about this. You take breed with beetles that are out on tasks, because they are not available in the nest. If you have juiced one of the only two *available* beetles, maybe you get into this situation. I tested for this. If there are fewer than 2 available beetles, you...
  9. DarrinIocane

Bug, the beetles can block the mouseover when trying to clean a waste in the nest

That's right. The sparkle draws your eye to Beetles that have maxed-out their built-up/internal XP. If you don't scratch those ones, you're losing out on further build-up. But every Beetle is building XP at all times. Thus, the non-maxed ones can also be scratched. You just don't get a full...
  10. DarrinIocane

Bug, tasks not completing even after victory

I'm not very familiar with this forum system. But I don't see a way to get a full resolution version of that image. Its like 100x200 for me. If you want, you could email it to support@iocanegames.com. Which mission?
  11. DarrinIocane

[Suggestion] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} Breeding screen, sort potential child on number of unique alleles

There is a genetic feedback system. If you go very high on one stat, it can downgrade another. E.g. you can get 100 ferocity, but you have give up something else (speed?). It works this way in real life, as genes trade off against each other. You might look in the manual to see a little...
  12. DarrinIocane

Suggestion, macros

I'll make a note. Maybe we can pop a first-time-tooltip for that one.
  13. DarrinIocane

Suggestion, macros

Hmm. So you didn't see the helpful hint? It said something to the effect: double click an item (or click the placement icon), hover your mouse over the nest, hold <shift>, click repeatedly. (Assuming you wanted multiple of the same item).
  14. DarrinIocane

[Suggestion] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} Breeding screen, sort potential child on number of unique alleles

V-Ant, you're going to be sad when you find out that later, tougher missions give eggs that include lower tier alleles as well as new unique alleles. The "unique" flag is relative to your current collection, not overall through the entire game. So you don't have to be *that* OCD. :)
  15. DarrinIocane

[Bug] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} Often times a different item is taken from the inventory than selected

I think I also heard a double-click. down-up-down-drag. And the blueberry became a nectar. BTW, if this happens, and you notice, you can release the item over the inventory bar, or hit escape before dropping it, to not place the item.