Recent content by Ensiege

1. E

GGG plays EotU!

It's happening!
  2. E

Split ants

I would agree for all scenarios except 2.2. More control groups would not be unappreciated.
  3. E

Insane difficulty even possible?

I've watch all of Balanite's videos EXCEPT 1.1... for 1.1 I went right to his video on challenge mode. I just went back and watched his 1.1 video. I can say without shame that Balanite is a better player than I am. But I am confident enough to say that the fact that he used so many upgraded...
  4. E

So yea, just did 1.1 insane and after 57 black ants and 14 workers, I only had 740 food left for the final battle. The extra workers speed things up, which is not necessary on 1.1 without challenge mode, but without them, I suppose I could have BARELY amassed 1000 food. Takes 285 food to...
  5. E

Using upgraded ants in 1.1 is EXTREMELY difficult... Using 57 L1 ants is MUCH easier. Dig out large ambush chambers (at LEAST 2) and have 3 groups of 19 surround and attack from 3 different angles. Let the enemies come to you. After you engage at the first chamber, set your markers to the...
  6. E

Split ants

I use 5 groups, because there are only up to 5 available. If there were 10 available, I would use up to 10 groups. Honestly I just assumed that we would eventually get up to 10 control groups because... why only 5?
  7. E

Its Not Christmas Anymore!

I imagine all future levels are going to have time constraints... 1.1 is the only level where you are not racing the clock to be strong enough in time for slavers/night raids/day incursions. It's the first level, so, understandable. But I really enjoy that level, probably for that reason, and...
  8. E

Colony Size Issue?

Whatever the third formicarium challenge is, I'm sure that is enough ants to take care of it. (enter dev with ominous laugh) The next ant is leafcutter I think. I don't know what the formicarium unit for it would be, but its probably going to be food related anway... so no bearing on your...
  9. E

Could be a good idea

An advanced variation on that test map that was promised, where you could spawn different numbers of ants on either side and watch them fight it out, to see which combination works well against which other combination...
  10. E

Better fights

Ray is right about killing the smaller ones first... if the big one(s) is tanking your ants while the small ones are free to shred your army, you are going to lose a lot more ants... Of course with the swarm AI its usually just a happy accident that they kill the small ones first anyway.
  11. E

Suggestions and Feedback Please Consider

Defend your territory from incursions by a million ant strong driver colony... I like it. Would have to be implemented in a way that its not like 2.2...
  12. E

Other Critters

If you are talking about a specific cupboard, or a section of crawlspace, a house setting could work, otherwise a house would be... too big? Like the current maps are just a few square feet, if you want to invade a kitchen that would make the map huge... food trails would be 20 minutes end to...
  13. E

Suggestion: Tile filling

That's disappointing to hear about the tile filling. You could make it so that a path to the surface must always be available, and nest tiles can never be cut off from each other..? At least in the formicarium, its very easy to screw up your nest. All the same, I've started a new formicarium...
  14. E

Formicarium Wars and New Formicarium

I like that idea. Stupid scientist forgot to disconnect the Fusca colony...
  15. E

Maybe good Ideas

Yea, like bonus objectives. 1.1, Complete the level with some woodworm still alive, to secure a future food source. 1.2, Don't lose any eggs to the slavers. (or no more than a few) 2.1, Invade wood ant nest. 2.2, Maybe delay the enemy queens on the low ground so the tide kills them. Or...