Recent content by HofNerd

1. HofNerd

I haven't posted for only 12 days and people already start worrying about me XD But seriously...

I haven't posted for only 12 days and people already start worrying about me XD But seriously, I'm fine. I just have been taking it a bit easy the last few weeks.
  2. HofNerd

[Suggestion] - Improving Fundamental Aspect in Freeplay

I personally think it might be a good idea to have landmarks follow (some of) this placement behavior when playing with multiple colonies: 1. A renewable, non-hostile (aphids or seed plant or seedlings) landmark right next to each nest. 2. One or two renewable landmarks close to, but not...
  3. HofNerd

How do I beat 4.2 insane?

On insane difficulty, getting all the aphids is no longer just an option, it is necessary. The vigorous soldiers part is not entirely correct, though. It is possible to win with the pervasive unit option too.
  4. HofNerd

nest group idea

I had a similar idea quite a while ago, for soldier ants in the nest group to chase enemies in the nest. It was something like this: If enemies are in the nest: wander to a random enemy's current position. (Would result in chasing enemies.) Else: wander to a random nest tile's position. (Would...
  5. HofNerd

[0.30102][Bug] Little black ant colony nest entrance rendering over the water post-victory.

I stuck around after achieving victory and waited until the camera control was given back by the victory camera animation. While having a look around I noticed this: I don't think it's supposed to look like this when it is flooded... In case it is relevant for this issue, victory was achieved...
  6. HofNerd

[0.30102] [Bug] Aphids can disappear (while being picked up by ants?)

I spotted this issue yesterday, but now I've actually caught it on camera. As you can see, a lvl 1 soldier ant picks up the aphid. But instead of bringing it to the aphid farm, the soldier ant decides to attack the spider and gets itself killed without dropping the aphid it picked up earlier...
  7. HofNerd

[Crash] 0.2312 Crash during launch

It seems I finally figured out how to consistently trigger this one. What I did was: 1. Start EotU (from Steam). 2. Press the windows button on my keyboard to open the windows start menu. 3. Wait a few moments. 4. Click inside the game window. This produced a game crash in 10/10 attempts.
  8. HofNerd

[Crash] 0.2312 Crash during launch

Current version (0.2331), just had a crash during game startup. Could this have something to do with the window minimizing or losing focus in some way?
  9. HofNerd

Bugg(can not go over the lvl3)

Hibernation is one of the extra levels. Those levels are not part of the "Story Mode". You can find the extra levels under "Other Modes" -> "Extra Levels".
  10. HofNerd

[0.2325][Bug] Underground view tabs tooltip text displaying colony colour weirdly

"The 2| COLOUR(RED,BLUE,YELLOW,GREEN,BLACK,BROWN,GREY,PINK,PURPLE) PLAYER'S MINIMAP - CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED WHILE YOUR COLONY IS PRESENT IN THEIR NEST." "2| COLOUR(RED,BLUE,YELLOW,GREEN,BLACK,BROWN,GREY,PINK,PURPLE)" <-- What?... So, ehhh... YELLOW?
  11. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.21142 'Queen in danger' music playing when no enemies are near the queen

Have run into this issue in current version [0.2325]. I think have I found a common factor: every time this issue triggers it seems there is a creature using a special move/attack near the queen... In the first video, a jumping spider starts a jump from near the queen. In the second video, a...
  12. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.21142 'Queen in danger' music playing when no enemies are near the queen

I think you misread. I wrote the 'queen in danger' music sometimes keeps playing after the enemies are no longer near her.
  13. HofNerd

[0.2325][Crash] Crash while launching

I minimized the game's frame/window while it was launching, shortly thereafter the game crashed.
  14. HofNerd

[0.2325] [Bug] Tooltips for underground chambers displaying while looking at the surface

It seems the tooltip of the last hovered underground tile is displayed. (Or no tooltip of the last hovered tile does not have one.)
  15. HofNerd

[0.2325][Bug][Rising Tide] Patrolling enemies can sometimes drown themselves

This is the first time I've seen this happen as far as I can remember. The crab wandered too far down the ramp, drowning itself.