minin workers not hauling refuse to pile

In Front line, the minin workers did not haul anything to the refuse pile. I did have the bar almost full of refuse, and the leaf storage piles full. the refuse piles were built after the others filled up.

WaffleGuy

Colony
Upgrading refuse isn't worth it at all. Building more refuse storage will make the refuse go down faster than upgrading, so unless your on a time crunch and don't want to dig tiles, always build more refuse tiles as in the LONG TERM, it will be better.

MedinB

Colony
Upgrading refuse isn't worth it at all.
I don't want to prolong this discussion too much; this is a bug report, but eh. This is up for debate, but I don't necessarily agree.

I'm not trying to get rid of all my refuse from the storage tiles entirely, I want them to be removed from the brood chambers; as this can affect how much food you can store. Having upgraded refuse tiles will be cheaper, will increase refuse storage greatly, and it should for the most part reduce how long it takes for a minim to move refuse.
If I don't upgrade, I may need to wait a while for all my refuse to be removed from the brood chambers; this is why you might see minims doing nothing in brood chambers sometimes. Your suggestion might help in the later game (will need to check), but it's important to get going very quickly in the start, and not spend too much on refuse storage; something crucial for the 3.X levels.

Last edited:

thanhmk28

Soldier
Extremely Helpful Person
Upgrading refuse isn't worth it at all. Building more refuse storage will make the refuse go down faster than upgrading, so unless your on a time crunch and don't want to dig tiles, always build more refuse tiles as in the LONG TERM, it will be better.
You may want to check in the game before replying to new player like that. Also, each refuse tile dissolves 1 waste per 5/ 4/ 2.5 seconds.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 4

WaffleGuy

Colony
You may want to check in the game before replying to new player like that. Also, each refuse tile dissolves 1 waste per 5/ 4/ 2.5 seconds.
True, I should specify what I meant by long term. Basically of course you would want more refuse storage, but what's more worth it is having the refuse go down faster. Because even with all that storage, if refuse still piles up, then you'll eventually have to make new storage anyway. If you focus solely on dissolving though and make only level one tiles (bonus: minims distribute refuse more efficiently), it could be a lot more efficient, but only if your constantly building stuff. If you have time for the refuse to go away when your not doing anything, then sure, it may be better to upgrade, but rule of thumb, especially for levels like 3.1, is to just focus on quantity of tiles.