Search results

1. MikeSlugDisco

Screenshot Saturday - The Cow Killer

The red velvet ant (Dasymutilla occidentalis) is not actually an ant at all but is a kind of wingless wasp. She has a docile nature but if she's threatened her sting is so potent that the species has been called the "cow killer". Expect to see her face off against your fire ants in Empires of...
  2. MikeSlugDisco

One question

It's given to people who have been exceptionally helpful for a specific reason, like helping us track down the cause of a really tricky issue or provide a huge amount of very useful feedback. Only 3 people have the badge. It's not something we give out as a reward for anything specific, but...
  3. MikeSlugDisco

Multiplayer gameplay idea

Hi - this has been suggested multiple times and is in the FAQ thread. Please read through that thread before posting any more. Thanks! https://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/faq-frequently-asked-questions-read-before-posting.3021/
  4. MikeSlugDisco

a question

I'll delete the account and he can retry, but we do need to make sure it's attached to a valid email and he'll need to verify it, I'm not willing to bypass that step since the system works now.
  5. MikeSlugDisco

a question

I can't verify it for him; we need a valid email address and the server is working so I don't want to bypass it. Tell him to try again and check his spam folders, etc - no-one else is having problems at the moment.
  6. MikeSlugDisco

Hello!

It's the Ecosystem beta!
  7. MikeSlugDisco

a question

If your brother has a valid email address, he can verify it himself. The server is working fine.
  8. MikeSlugDisco

curious question

Just a little tip, if you wouldn't mind - try making your post titles relevant to the post content. Thanks!
  9. MikeSlugDisco

Hello!

Hi! Gonna have to ask you to change that pfp I'm afraid, family friendly forum!
  10. MikeSlugDisco

Ideas

You're chain posting again fazekas, please stop. Official warning now. If you do it again you'll get a suspension.
  11. MikeSlugDisco

hi

Welcome to the forum!
  12. MikeSlugDisco

hi im from Hungary.

Welcome!
  13. MikeSlugDisco

Ideas

Hi fazekas, please don't chain post. Edit a post if you want to add more ideas to it.
  14. MikeSlugDisco

Ecosystem - Entering Early Access March 16th! Trailer + Beta News

Ecosystem now has a date for its early access release - March 16th 2021! Thanks to everyone who's played the sim, given feedback and helped Tom as he's gotten things to this point. Here's the release trailer: We will soon be running a short beta (with limited functionality) for it for...
  15. MikeSlugDisco

Screenshot Saturday - The Big-Headed Ant

Another species that will be tussling with fire ants in Empire of the Undergrowth's 4th tier is the big-headed ant (Pheidole morrisii). Like many species, it has minor and major castes, but it also has a category of major often called "supersoldier" in literature. This beast has a huge head...
  16. MikeSlugDisco

Will the big headed ants be in free play.

I've been away helping with a house move so I've not been on the forum for a few days. I'll get a thread up for the big-headed ants today.
  17. MikeSlugDisco

Leafcutter media origins

Hey look, back seat moderating again. Any more and you get a week ban.
  18. MikeSlugDisco

Leafcutter media origins

With just Googling "leafcutter media" you're likely to get a bunch of media companies first. But media (or mediae in plural) is a pretty common term amongst myrmecologists for the ant sizes that inhabit the range between minors and majors. We didn't invent the term. Even the leafcutter...
  19. MikeSlugDisco

Game crashes whenever I try to start/load up a freeplay game.

The link was just instructions of how to get the crash reports to us properly; that's not dependent on being in a beta. I've mirrored that thread here now: https://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/important-how-to-get-crash-reports-to-us.5231/
  20. MikeSlugDisco

Bug report

@Scyobi_Empire has been helping us with a crash that happens on some laptops; this one issue was just a pathing oversight as you said.