Search results

1. WaffleGuy

A Possible Switch to Discourse

I'm not really an expert on the subject nor do I have any experience, so I'm not going to say much. I'm just suggesting to switch to the Discourse forum software. It seems to look a bit more pleasing and it's also easier to format posts. From what I can see though off of my minimal research, it...
  2. WaffleGuy

I think this is my 50th time watching it.

I think this is my 50th time watching it.
  3. WaffleGuy

In a few weeks I will be gone for some time, so that means I won't be doing any more challenges...

In a few weeks I will be gone for some time, so that means I won't be doing any more challenges for a little more than a month. I will however resume once I return, and I have big plans
  4. WaffleGuy

carry the whole thing?

You can accompany your main army with a small force of workers with attack off, which works out well on New Home, where they can excavate tiles faster and gather the DCHB corpses and other nearby food while your fighters kill other enemies. You can also somewhat do this on Queen of the Hill.
  5. WaffleGuy

The Other Foot With Workers Only

I was originally talking about this with another person who first started this, but I decided I was notifying him a tad bit too much. So instead, I'm talking about it here. Let's start with the basics, shall we? Objective Complete level "The Other Foot" using only workers on the highest...
  6. WaffleGuy

Devs Live on Steam!!!

I just hopped on Steam, looked at the game, and here they are streaming The Promised Land! Bombardier Beetles have changed a bit, and they are also talking about pervasive and vigorous ants. https://store.steampowered.com/app/463530/Empires_of_the_Undergrowth/ Edit: Yes, brood is a food source...
  7. WaffleGuy

The Fire Ant Update - Coming 27th July 2022!

Lucky to be able to bring your computer.... :(
  8. WaffleGuy

Everything We Know About Cold Blood

Map Layout Summary A Solenopsis Invicta Fire Ant colony (the player), is in the middle of a vast swampy landscape. To complete the level, the player will have to contest many resources and locations with the two other colonies (Little Black Ants and Head Ants). To make matters worse, narrow...
  9. WaffleGuy

THE TRIALER ITS COMING

That's just the Six-Spotted Fishing Spider. Thanks for spotting that, I had mistakenly thought another object was the spider. Now all that's left to find is the Red Velvet Ant before we confirm that there are creatures that haven't been revealed!
  10. WaffleGuy

THE TRIALER ITS COMING

In the trailer, every creature but the Sweetbay Caterpillar, the Red Velvet Ant, the Six Spotted Fishing Spider, and the Green Magnolia Jumper can be seen. And possibly some more, unrevealed ones? And we can't leave out the music of course. Edit: You can see the Sweetbay Caterpillars, I didn't...
  11. WaffleGuy

The Fire Ant Update - Coming 27th July 2022!

Sadly I won't be here on the 27th to do 4.1 and 4.2 on insane first... but nevertheless, I am so excited! There is so much new content to play through, and I can't wait to finally be commanding fire ants!!
  12. WaffleGuy

Formica Ereptor Origins

Yeah, there are a few differences with the head and gaster especially, but the bodies and stats seem to match up very well. As for the queen, I think the shapes match up very well, only the thorax is a bit more expressive of the shape for ereptors.
  13. WaffleGuy

Wood ants AI need some fixing (probably will happen after the fire ant update release)

I think this could be helpful on easier difficulties. Either this or just give them a greater supply of food.
  14. WaffleGuy

I'm planning to do Cold Blood and A Bridge Too Far on insane the day it is released, first I'll...

I'm planning to do Cold Blood and A Bridge Too Far on insane the day it is released, first I'll do an easy run for a bit of an idea then I'll go to mega speedrun mode and do it on insane
  15. WaffleGuy

Nah, people just use it for comedic effect, I'm pretty sure.

Nah, people just use it for comedic effect, I'm pretty sure.
  16. WaffleGuy

Soon(trademarked)

Soon(trademarked)
  17. WaffleGuy

Excavators on Insane Speedrun Strategy

So for the past few days, I have been doing Excavators on insane. I actually did it almost a year ago in 50 minutes, but I decided to revisit it so I can improve my speedrunning skills. Now I can do it in 35 minutes. How? Well, there's not really anything special, I just follow this page of...
  18. WaffleGuy

Formica Ereptor Origins

Yes, this was confirmed by Mike I believe.
  19. WaffleGuy

Formica Ereptor Origins

I don't think many people focus on the lore of the game, so here I am figuring out how exactly Formica Ereptor works and its origins within the ant species hierarchy. Let's start with their close relatives. I have good reason to believe that Formica Ereptor are tied to Saharan Silver ants...
  20. WaffleGuy

The Hungry Spider in Freeplay

While it may not seem like that useful of an addition, it would be extremely cool to play a freeplay game with insane difficulty ramping up. Personally, I just want to see how slow I can make enemies. Perhaps you can unlock it when you complete all the hungry spider levels.