Search results

1. WaffleGuy

A Bridge Too Far on Insane with Workers Only

Note: This post is still under construction and will undergo MASSIVE CHANGES, especially with the strategy in the next few days. Christmas Break will be spent working on it and it will almost definitely be completed, no matter how hard it seems. ICS Invite Link: https://discord.gg/u4JJzRUuNt...
  2. WaffleGuy

Community Newsletters

Before the fire ant update, the line of newsletters ended in march. No may newsletter or june newsletter, because nothing else could have been spoiled. This is why it's time to suggest: community newsletters! These newsletters will be not about the next updates at all, as you don't want to spoil...
  3. WaffleGuy

A Bridge Too Far on Hard with Workers Only

Note: Cold Blood on Hard with Workers Only is being postponed to after this challenge is completed, specifically if and when Aphid Snatching RNG gets reduced. The Other Foot on Insane with Workers Only will take its slot, thus making it the fourth major challenge, this post the third major...
  4. WaffleGuy

First Slug Disco Vlog (Summary and Extra Spoilers)

For absolutely no reason other than the fact that I want the Infestation trophy (500 likes), I have decided to make this thread about the brand new Slug Disco Vlog. To Sum It Up There are some problems with balancing that people are concerned with, particularily the amount of food creatures...
  5. WaffleGuy

Workers Only Completions

Campaign New Home on Insane This was first completed by KILLER. With the help of Dave, Heolx, Sol, and I have completed it also. Subjugation on Insane This was first completed by me thanks to Heolx's finding that the waves will not start unless a spider has first been killed. Heolx then...
  6. WaffleGuy

Beetles Rise Up Sequel

The current "Beetles Rise Up!" extra level is lacking in strategy. To fix this problem, I propose a sequel for the level. Since I have stuff to do however, I will not flesh out the suggestion and instead only speak of my ideas for this remake. You start with humble woodworms, which will serve...
  7. WaffleGuy

[Bug] [0.30111] - The Other Foot Enemy Colony AI Breaks

The event, starting at 46:12 and ending at 54:47, was an extremely bizzare bug where the enemy colony's ants' movement became fixed if not interacting with anything and the objective that rewards the colonies with food was stuck too, all up until I retreated my entire army to my queen.
  8. WaffleGuy

Underground Redesign of 3.1 "The Harvest"

MedinBurnic, in ICS, has presented me with a shot that looks to be a spoiler of an old underground design of 3.1. After further inspection however (specifically realising that the image contains new UI), I decided to notify everyone on the forums because why not. This is the image in question...
  9. WaffleGuy

Aphid Snatching RNG on Cold Blood

Reasoning For many strategies revolving around the harder difficulties, aphid snatching (gathering all four non-bridge aphids within about five minutes) has been an extremely tedious process, not because it takes long to gather information or create a strategy, but because of a problem with the...
  10. WaffleGuy

A Sort of 'Creative Mode' for Completed Levels

As the name indicates, I'm suggesting for a creative mode for any level, not just freeplay. This is just unlimited food and nothing else. The reason why I want this is because it would actually be EXTREMELY useful for testing, replacing the autoclick glitch for the same job (so you don't have to...
  11. WaffleGuy

Cold Blood on Hard with Workers Only

Hello all, welcome to the second major workers only challenge of the ICS, which may or may not be even harder than QotH on hard with workers only. Completing this challenge will not only be a huge advancement in the field of 4.1, but will also lay the foundation for doing the level on insane...
  12. WaffleGuy

Cold Blood Amphibian Wave Bug

You can win 4.1 without actually killing all amphibians in the final wave, but only two minutes after it has started. Basically, or as far as I know, two minutes after the wave starts (three minutes after the bullfrog is gone), the game will check if there are any active underground predators...
  13. WaffleGuy

QotH on Hard with Workers Only

This post will serve as a hub for the strategy of 2.2 on hard with workers only, mainly because you can't edit images into discord messages. Standard Strategy This is what ICS has come up with for doing the challenge stated above. Contributors - KILLER - Heolx - Incandescent Day One -...
  14. WaffleGuy

Strategy: Kiting & Daves

This is a post to inform everyone on the forums of a new territory that was previously unexplored, kiting, and why the Slug Disco YouTube channel sent a post specifically about a level two worker on New Home. History This new category of strategy came about when ICS Founder Heolx, attempting to...
  15. WaffleGuy

FC4 Doesn't End

If you play FC4 then win, then press continue and end level too fast, it just doesn't end.
  16. WaffleGuy

Underground More Visually Realistic

So these are only thoughts, not even suggestions at this point, because some might not even be good for the game. But who knows, maybe they will be, which is why I'm making this. 1. A little bit more depth to the ground would be nice, like a few puddles or plateaus here and there. Maybe ants...
  17. WaffleGuy

Wording Suggestion

So this isn't really a spelling error, I would just like it if the description for pervasive soldiers would have a comma after 'at level 3'. Vigorous has this comma and you would probably pause there while speaking it out loud. It's not that serious at all, I'm just a perfectionist.
  18. WaffleGuy

Cold Blood Insane Early Game

After playing Cold Blood on insane exactly 60 times now, I'm pretty sure I can say I'm an expert at the start of the first day, a fine player at the rest of the first day, and a novice at the rest of the level. This is only a tutorial for the start of the game, which is almost solely based on...
  19. WaffleGuy

FPS Affects Gameplay

So this is something that I had hypothesised long before but only confirmed yesterday. Basically, a lower FPS can actually affect your overall efficiency at levels regardless of how good you play. This is because the FPS also affects the ants' reaction time (e.g. switching paths, fighting...
  20. WaffleGuy

Release T4 OST

Basically, I was suggesting to release the tier four music in another OST video like the rest of them. This would be incredibly helpful for people who want to hear the unclouded music. I was originally going to pause the game during narration to get the full action OST, but I don't have my...