Search results

1. Joorff

Feeling like theorizing. (sort of) (warning: tons of reading)

Now that I read it over again, I see what you mean. I guess I kinda just used information I had remembered about the old idea of the mobile version's ereptors to get an idea as to how they would function, just without the inclusion of a nomadic lifestyle which was a thing I remember reading about.
  2. Joorff

Feeling like theorizing. (sort of) (warning: tons of reading)

I was inspired by a post that WaffleGuy made back in June about their thoughts on the Formica Ereptor's origins and I felt compelled to start my own discussion about the Ereptors. Feel free to add onto it as this is a discussion so let me know your thoughts on this! The main idea behind this...
  3. Joorff

What happened to this Fire ant animation?

Thanks for clearing that up! I mustn't have seen it because I almost never spend enough time doing nothing lol. Update: I spent a while in the battle arena just staring at a Fire ant soldier, and I only saw an animation similar but it was only the ant opening it's mandibles, but nothing else...
  4. Joorff

What happened to this Fire ant animation?

So in this video that showcased the Fire ant animations, there was an idle animation (I think it was an idle animation at least) where the Fire ant would do a pose that was basically Scyobi_Empire's profile image. But there's no sign of it in the final update. Here's the video: Edit: The...
  5. Joorff

[Feedback] - [Oversight] Non-colored Ants

There could also be a coloured square or something next to the health bar, should you choose to have health bars on and the player colony wouldn't have one because of the fact that player colony's health bars are green as opposed to red, making it easier to tell them apart.
  6. Joorff

Little Black Ant Queen Floats

I noticed when I went into photo mode in freeplay. Here it is: She was just vibing I guess. Edit: I have noticed it happens to the Fire ant queen too.
  7. Joorff

cant I play

I have tried to download the demo version but it doesnt actually download. I have no idea why it does that. It could be because I already have the paid version.
  8. Joorff

Ereptors running around in the main menu

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this but I think it's an interesting detail. As I said in the title, if you look under the table with the formicarium on it, every once in a while one or more Ereptor workers run into view. I don't really think it means anything but I just thought it was...
  9. Joorff

Question about the ant queens.

That's fair. Not much else to say lol.
  10. Joorff

I don't have any big issues with the Fusca queen model other than how it doesn't really match the art style of the other queen models. The Fusca queen model, when compared to the other queen models, is a lot more cartoony that the others, which makes it look out of place when side-by-side with...
  11. Joorff

That's fair. I heard that there was that Myrmecia Ereptor thing for the kickstarter that in the June 2019 newsletter was mentioned by the devs that it could possibly be a DLC at some point. Here's some images of that. But for the Fusca design, I felt like the model was becoming increasingly...
  12. Joorff

Will there ever be a redesign of any of the old queens? (Formica Fusca and Ereptor in particular) It isn't a particularly important thing to change but I feel like the Fusca and Ereptor queens could use a newer character model. I can understand not changing the Ereptors as they are meant to...
  13. Joorff

A nest design I used on The Other Foot (Should I have put this on off-topic?)

I retried the level and remade the nest with a more thought-out layout. So now, the shortest path from the queen is from the worker tiles directly behind the queen, and the easiest way for newly hatched soldiers to leave the nest is to follow the side paths. I also made it so that none of the...
  14. Joorff

A nest design I used on The Other Foot (Should I have put this on off-topic?)

I was playing The Other Foot and I had a nest design idea. My idea was mostly centered around the issue of workers being unable to replace eggs if enemies had gotten in the way of the brood chambers, so I thought of making a corridor which connects to each brood chamber and leads back to the...
  15. Joorff

Freeplay Ereptor Suggestion

There would also have to be a limit to how much a stat can increase. perhaps a resource type unique to freeplay that you gain an amount of with every successful freeplay run (that scales with the score earned). There could also be a way to reset stat changes so you can either experiment with...
  16. Joorff

Freeplay Ereptor Suggestion

An idea I had for freeplay is the ability to make custom Ereptor colonies. What I mean by this is when you open the freeplay menu (creating a setup) and choose Gene Thief for any colony (player or AI), in the tab where you choose a campaign colony, there could be an option just called custom...
  17. Joorff

Velvet worm in the battle arena

Had a feeling. I wonder if they'll show up in the leafcutter missions after the fire ant update?
  18. Joorff

Velvet worm in the battle arena

I went into the battle arena mode a while back and I noticed that the velvet worm is in the leafcutter tab but it is unavailable. Has anyone else seen that?
  19. Joorff

Question about the fire ant update

Awesome! 1 thing with a future swamp map that I think could be interesting is how non fire ant species would function on a map designed with fire ant bridging in mind. There could be paths that lead to resources that get cut off when the water rises but also cuts off access to enemy nests, but...
  20. Joorff

Question about the fire ant update

Will the new ants that will appear in the fire ant update (particularly little black ants and big headed ants) become playable in freeplay with the fire ant update or will there be a future update that will them playable in freeplay?