Search results

1. TheRexYo

New Game+

A New-Game+ feature (if you don't know what that is, it's basically an option you get when starting a new save that lets you do things you couldn't do the first time around, such as use your old stats and levels in an RPG) would extend replayability by a large factor. Here's a few ideas for...
  2. TheRexYo

(Upcoming) Ant Analysis

Hello everyone! I'm working on a testing-based analysis of the Army Ant Media, the first of a series of "reports" I intend to make about the balance of various units currently in the game. The reason I'm posting now instead of when it's finished is that I need to make sure I'm not missing any...
  3. TheRexYo

Devstreams

I just realized that John hasn't streamed in a LONG time. Is everything alright on your guys' end?
  4. TheRexYo

So... I got Fire Ants into my save

So, everyone here remember how I made a means of hacking in other ant types into a new colony? I really like the idea, but I found something strange, and I figured I should warn the developers about it. I managed to find a way to get Fire Ants into my save, but I don't really know why it's a...
  5. TheRexYo

Suggestion: "King of the Hill" Extra Level

The idea behind this extra level is that there are four colonies (1 player and 3 AI) trying to control a central 'hill' that is periodically covered with food in the form of harvestable fish. The colonies gain points every second for each ant they have on the hill. Ants that stay on the hill...
  6. TheRexYo

Suggestion: Colony Editor

(For those of you who just want to see what this suggestion is about, skip ahead to the bolded text. Otherwise, if you want an in-depth concept for it, read on.) Awhile back I suggested that an "Ant Browser" should be added to allow people to add any ant type to their colony. While I still...
  7. TheRexYo

Suggestion: More Ant Choices in Campaign

In a previous post I mentioned how the campaign's replayability is rather low, making the otherwise brilliantly-designed mode a bit dull after a few playthroughs. I've been thinking of ways to counter this, in hopes that the developers can use these ideas as a foundation for either solving the...
  8. TheRexYo

Suggestion: Alternative / Side Campaigns

The idea behind this is that people can pick from multiple campaigns when they start a new story game, a feature that could perhaps be released as DLC, or simply as part of a post-release update. I know this is a long way off, but hear me out. When the Other Foot level came out awhile back, I...
  9. TheRexYo

[Bug?] AI colonies do not use the Randomized Caverns start

After the new update yesterday, I decided I'd try and play a 3v1 with two AI teammates against a Corrupt AI. When I used the "Randomized Caverns" setting (which, by the way, I think is super cool), it didn't actually take place for my teammates. I know this because I immediately checked to see...
  10. TheRexYo

[Suggestion] Have "Non-Cheating" AI start with no prebuilt / partially dug-out nest

The "Non-Cheating" AI starts with partially dug-out nest, despite supposedly being "Cheat Free". I'd like to play against an AI with a similar start to my own, so that I can get a feel for what it'd be like to play against another player without actually having multiplayer released. This is why...
  11. TheRexYo

A Quick Question Regarding Kickstarter

I don't really know how Kickstarter works once the project goals are met, but is it still possible to fund the game that way now that the game's in-progress? I feel like it'd be a good use for some of my profits. I'm not rich, but you guys actually listen to your playerbase, so I decided I'd...
  12. TheRexYo

[BUG] Beta AI - Glitched Nursery Tiles

Previously, I stated that when an AI colony tries to build an ant that isn't hardcoded to be available, it doesn't work. (Previous Post: "Also, not that this is top priority right now, but I've found a slight oversight (not a bug) in Freeplay AI. That is that, since the ants that the AI chooses...
  13. TheRexYo

The Best Music For Meme-ing Ever Made

This song is hilarious, especially once you realize that it takes itself seriously.
  14. TheRexYo

Ant Analysis: Wood Ant Melees

Hello folks! Recently, I decided that it would be fun to analyze the current meta and find out which ants are the most viable and which ones are best left unbuilt. I will be posting a series of "Ant Analysis" articles on the forums, to see what people think. Today I will be talking about Wood...
  15. TheRexYo

Just Checking In

Greetings, Slugdisco! If you don't mind me asking, how's John's family doing? I don't know if this is a weird question to ask - I wouldn't really know - but I thought that, since we haven't heard from him in awhile, it might be nice to check in. John has put a lot of time and effort into EotU...
  16. TheRexYo

AI Progress Update?

I don't know when you guys started making the AI or if you guys have temporarily stopped, but if it isn't too much of an issue, I'd like to know if the AI will be complete before or after the Fire Ant update?
  17. TheRexYo

Suggestion: Ant Rebalance - Part II

Awhile back I posted a thread that suggested a small buff for Melee Rufa ants. Now that I look at the other ant species, I realize that not all of them are balanced, either. Today, I am going to make a brief suggestion to improve the Army Ant Media, whose low cost is simply not enough to make...
  18. TheRexYo

New Patch?

Today there is supposed to be a new patch, right? I can't actually tell if it's out yet because my main PC is currently in the process of being fixed. I probably won't be able to play any time soon, but I'm really excited to see the balance changes in action. Anyone know if it's out yet?
  19. TheRexYo

Preparations For Potential Multiplayer

Hello, everyone! This post is simply a suggestion about balancing in order to prepare for multiplayer. As you may know from my post on Save-Editing the non-playable ants into playability, it is possible to use them as part of your colony. I'm hoping that, someday, they'll be released for use...
  20. TheRexYo

Post your ranged ant ideas here!

When it comes to EotU, there's only one gunslinger in town - the Wood Ant. But maybe that can change! Post your ideas for Ranged Ant species here, and then vote on the poll above! Let's help the developers get even more new ideas! :D