0.22103 Release - Fixes, Changes & Improvements

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Thanks to everyone who's tested our short optional beta over the weekend. We're confident that it's good for everyone now, so version 0.22103 is available for everyone from this point. There is one known issue detailed below the patch notes that didn't quite make it into this build on time - expect a fix for that next time round.

We are still looking for more information about a known bug where a leafcutter gets stuck on a plant with an exclamation mark appearing above its head. If this happens to you we would appreciate anything you can tell us or show us (screenshots or videos) about how it happened and if the leafcutter was affected by a status effect at the time (for example confuse caused by a devil’s coach horse).

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where food buried underground but not part of a cavern would not be labelled as buried and not seen as an outline
  • Randomised caverns for leafcutters now produce smaller leaves as so not poke through the surface and are randomly rotated
  • Placing a marker on an enemy nest exit whilst your ants are in a different enemy nest will now cause your ants to leave the nest they are in
  • Fixed a bug that allowed you to get a refund for a tile upgrade if cancelled the same frame it was completed (was easier on low FPS computers)
  • Fixed a couple of painting issues on the surface to do with tunnel exits when they are not tunnelled out
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in formicarium challenge 3 when the hand moved
  • Player not selecting a unit option in freeplay will no longer refer to wood ants
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on low end hardware
  • Tunnel door now correctly stops ants walking through on The Other Foot
  • Freeplay maps without a map option now grey out the option in the basic setup
  • Fixed an issue for Russian language in the main menu text
  • Fixed an issue that could cause creatures to freeze in an animation until the player looks at them
  • Fixed a couple of spellings on the freeplay scoreboard
  • Fixed an issue where creatures could get stuck in the tunnel exit at a low frame rate
  • Fixed an issue that could rarely cause a creature to get stuck in the air when picked up by a praying mantis
  • Fixed an issue where the praying mantis could on rare occasions freeze doing nothing
  • Fixed some visual underground tile bugs
  • Fixed some UI issues with freeplay setup
  • Fixed an issue with pathing at the northern end of Basin
  • Fixed an issue where status effects were not being dealt with correctly in priority order (for example a creature could flee when stunned)
  • Fixed an issue where turning gathering off whilst an ant was gathering caused it to walk back and forth to the food it was going to gather
  • Destructible barriers can no longer be knocked back or affected by other effects
  • Fixed some UI interaction issues with the freeplay setup menu especially when opening a saved setup
  • Fixed a typo in the Discord tooltip
Changes
  • Barrier between nests in Basin is no longer destructible if you are not allied with the colony on the other side
  • Barriers that are destructible in Basin now appear as pieces of wood rather than stone
  • Simplified some interaction in the freeplay menus that were causing issues to do with creature checkboxes and the creatures type dropdown
  • Hunter and Domination game modes in freeplay no longer disable colony attacks
  • The Hungry Spider level’s uber beach wolf spider can now take more than 6 damage per hit (should be easier to kill with a bite build now)
  • Added in notifications explaining how to combat phorid flies in 3.1 and 3.2
  • The player is now given a warning that they could lose their rewards if they try and restart a level when rewards are waiting for them in the formicarium
  • Quitting or restarting Extremis now gives the player the reward points they had earned up to that point
  • Some creatures now cannot be knocked back or forced to flee
  • Some more improvement to funnel web performance in freeplay
  • Smoothed some of the landscape at the edge of 2.2 and prevented some tiles poking through the sea bed
  • Forum link changed to discord and patch notes link updated
  • Mole cricket (and uber mole cricket) added to the Battle Arena
  • Couple of icon updates for ant species in Battle Arena
  • Slave maker ants added to Battle Arena
  • Uber mole cricket can now be unlocked for freeplay by completing Excavators (should be retroactive)
  • Dropped creatures will now try and drop where they are held rather than the centre of the holding creature
Known Issues
  • Currently uber mole crickets do not count towards the Hunter victory condition. A fix for this will be out in the next patch
  • Some recent changes intended for future updates may cause some unintended weirdness. Although unlikely, please let us know about any unusual behaviours you see

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I just played a part of the Christmas level and noticed how funnel web spiders can pick up large harvestman spiders, is this intentional? (It looks a bit weird when they are picked up, because they are quite big compared to the funnel web spider.)20201204214619_1.jpg

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
In the Christmas level if I try to upgrade a lvl 3 tower (wood ant rapidfire in my case) my health is reduced to pay for it, but no upgrade is applied.

In the Christmas level if I try to upgrade a lvl 3 tower (wood ant rapidfire in my case) my health is reduced to pay for it, but no upgrade is applied.
I asked on the discord for this because I was wondering too, the upgrade does happen and you can see it on the size of the ant even if it still says lvl 3

I just played a part of the Christmas level and noticed how funnel web spiders can pick up large harvestman spiders, is this intentional? (It looks a bit weird when they are picked up, because they are quite big compared to the funnel web spider.)
yeah I think so, they're able to pick up the bugs depending on their max health and the harvestmen are pretty low health

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I asked on the discord for this because I was wondering too, the upgrade does happen and you can see it on the size of the ant even if it still says lvl 3
Ohhh... I did not notice the ants getting bigger when upgraded past lvl 3, probably because I wasn't paying attention to it.

yeah I think so, they're able to pick up the bugs depending on their max health and the harvestmen are pretty low health
From what I remember from a dev-stream a stat determines which creatures can be picked up. (I could be wrong about this, but it is what I think I remember.)

pakitane16

Colony
I just played a part of the Christmas level and noticed how funnel web spiders can pick up large harvestman spiders, is this intentional? (It looks a bit weird when they are picked up, because they are quite big compared to the funnel web spider.)
According to old stat sheet, large harvestmen cannot be picked up. I wonder if they changed anything or if it's a bug.