A bit too hard and other bits iv noticed so far

Mac

Larva
Hi guys Just bought your beautiful game, I am finding it a bit too hard ,only playing on easy and getting owned .
mission 3 the first mission you use leaf cutter ants is really tough as well , having to learn a completely different ant and having a competition at the same time , the easy computer is twice as fast as me.
on freeplay its x2 as hard .

other than that iv noticed on the upgrade tile screen if too many ants are near by the tiles flicker on and off .

apart from that Im really enjoying the game been looking for a great ant simulator for years and this is it .
hope this helps , just feel easy isnt easy

pakitane16

Colony
Hi guys Just bought your beautiful game, I am finding it a bit too hard ,only playing on easy and getting owned .
mission 3 the first mission you use leaf cutter ants is really tough as well , having to learn a completely different ant and having a competition at the same time , the easy computer is twice as fast as me.
on freeplay its x2 as hard .
This game is not a simulator, it's an RTS that focuses on its campaign. This means that you can beat any level on medium by following a guide or just fail a few times to learn the AI pattern/find the trick to the puzzle. The AI is not that fast, with right composition you can get 1.5 times faster than them on medium.
When I failed 3.1, I followed insane players who are willing to try different stuffs. I find out there are like 4 different ways to take on this mission on medium due to the speciffic roles each leafcutter unit has. So just innovate, I guess.
Leafcutter ants are just bad in freeplay.
Ah yes, one big flaw I find in this game is the lack of tutorial levels so people can test with their own pace.

Rensy

Colony
Practice is the best choice in here. When i bought the game (which was when baby sitting was a new extra level) i had no idea how to play the game properly, however i just kept on playing and i understood every mechanic in the game. I remember practically infinity stuff from the game now and I'm not joking, I think i just don't play any other games too much more than empires of the undergrowth. Practice makes best, on the right side there will be tips sometimes which will explain how to play the level and how to play as leafcutter ants. I hope this helps.