A Few Interesting Things

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
1. The rufa on 2.1 can't actually enter your nest. One followed one of my ants all the way to the entrance, then turned around at the entrance. I saw the same ant do this multiple times.

2. There's a dead queen on 2.1. An ominous omen for your colony.

3. At the end of 2.2, if you stay on the level, it stays dusk forever. All that appears is more ladybugs. Really, devs, that's it?

2.1 was fun after beating it, but i was disappointed in 2.2 after beating it.

some of the waves that invade your nest after you beat 2.1 are ridiculous XD

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Raptorofwar said:
1. The rufa on 2.1 can't actually enter your nest. One followed one of my ants all the way to the entrance, then turned around at the entrance. I saw the same ant do this multiple times.

3. At the end of 2.2, if you stay on the level, it stays dusk forever. All that appears is more ladybugs. Really, devs, that's it?

1) Yeah the rufa enemies aren't scripted to enter the nest at any point. They're just there to provide a little contest to the food on certain parts of the surface.

2) There is indeed!

3) The "continue" option is low priority for us when level building, but we included it anyway because we know some people will get attached to their one-off level colonies. We'll likely go back in and gussy that up at some point.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Raptorofwar said:
It's there because Formica rufa is actually a social parasite. They found their colonies by taking over other colonies (like F. fusca) and murdering the host queen.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
Oh, wait, there's one on both levels with rufa. One of them is surrounded by Devil's Coach Horse. That was the one I was talking about. So I meant 2.2, not 2.1. Sorry!