A few thoughts

Olmy

Larva
I like the game but there are a few things that I would like to see changed. Breeding grounds turn the terrain purple and make the carefully sculpted terrain and vegetation ugly. It would be nice if this feature was not always on. I would also like to see the UI improved as I found it too small on my QHD monitor. I would also like to be able to have more influence over the evolution of my species. I had absolutely no idea what was going on with the neural networks, but it looks really interesting and I hope to see this feature developed a bit more.
Other than that I loved the demo and am looking forward to the release.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I like the game but there are a few things that I would like to see changed. Breeding grounds turn the terrain purple and make the carefully sculpted terrain and vegetation ugly. It would be nice if this feature was not always on. I would also like to see the UI improved as I found it too small on my QHD monitor. I would also like to be able to have more influence over the evolution of my species. I had absolutely no idea what was going on with the neural networks, but it looks really interesting and I hope to see this feature developed a bit more.
Other than that I loved the demo and am looking forward to the release.
I'm glad you liked the game! I will look into improving the look of the mating grounds, by having more options for how they look and/or being able to toggle off their display in some fashion. It's also good to know about the UI; I hadn't tested it on a high resolution monitor like that.

Adding more ways to influence the evolution of your species is my next big task after I finish work on the creature editor. It is definitely something I plan to put a lot of time and work into, and a high priority. I'm hoping to add a layer on top of the current neural networks (which govern how to swim) that handles higher-level and more long-term behaviors. I think that could add a lot to the creatures and would be easier for players to understand and modify! Thanks for all the ideas.