A nest design I used on The Other Foot (Should I have put this on off-topic?)

Joorff

Worker
I was playing The Other Foot and I had a nest design idea.

My idea was mostly centered around the issue of workers being unable to replace eggs if enemies had gotten in the way of the brood chambers, so I thought of making a corridor which connects to each brood chamber and leads back to the queen but only goes to the furthest brood chamber from the queen. The picture explains it better than I probably could:
Nest Minimap.png
The tunnel goes from the back of the nest to the front most brood chambers, making it easier for workers to bring eggs to the nest tiles with less risk of getting attacked by enemies if any get into the nest. The layout of the nest isn't the best I could've done to make it more efficient but I like the idea.

WaffleGuy

Colony
I think it's quite good for lower difficulties when you can keep the enemies at the entrance, and the placement of the different ant type's chambers is also good, not to mention the fact that it's pleasing. But unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to force nest workers to take that corridor, as it is longer than the main path. Maybe you could make it shorter by connecting the brood chambers directly and patching up some of the brood chamber's connections to the main path, probably the innermost ones. Or you could always move them closer to your queen, but that would be worse if you plan on camping the entrance without any casualties.

Joorff

Worker
I think it's quite good for lower difficulties when you can keep the enemies at the entrance, and the placement of the different ant type's chambers is also good, not to mention the fact that it's pleasing. But unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to force nest workers to take that corridor, as it is longer than the main path. Maybe you could make it shorter by connecting the brood chambers directly and patching up some of the brood chamber's connections to the main path, probably the innermost ones. Or you could always move them closer to your queen, but that would be worse if you plan on camping the entrance without any casualties.
I retried the level and remade the nest with a more thought-out layout.
463530_20220718025957_1.png
So now, the shortest path from the queen is from the worker tiles directly behind the queen, and the easiest way for newly hatched soldiers to leave the nest is to follow the side paths. I also made it so that none of the brood chambers connect directly to the middle path, meaning that workers have to take the safer route to place eggs down. Also random detail: The layout for the soldiers is as follows (from Queen to Entrance and also each brood chamber is exactly the same ant as the one above/below it E.G Army ant majors): Army ant Mediae x19 (furthest to the right), Slave Maker ant x19 (middle-right), Trap-jaw ant x19 (middle-left), Army ant Majors x19 (furthest to the left).
I should say that what I mean by "x19", I mean there is 19 tiles in each brood chamber but there are 2 brood chambers of each available ant (1 on the upper half of the nest and 1 on the lower half) so I probably should have just typed "x38" instead of "x19".

Sorry if that was confusing.