Another German gal

Star Rider

Worker
Hey everyone,
I like videogames and insects (spiders and bees ♡) - and although I very much suck at Empires of the Undergrowth, I simply love it.
I am really looking forward to playing new content but I already like it the way it is now. :*)
As are probably most of you, I'm staying inside the house right now ("unfortunately", I am able to work remotely, so no 24h gaming with energy drinks) but I saw a Xylocopa iris at my window two days ago, that cheered me up.
Stay safe everyone (people use "stay healthy" in Germany right now, even the guy who sells cigarettes says it; )
Beware of the mighty Hällas!

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Welcome to the forums Star Rider! Sorry I didn't check in earlier, I am glued to the computer pretty much all day now so I have no excuse.
If a Xylocopa iris had visited me, I would have probably assumed it was a big fly, but I don't think we get them up here.. I did have a ladybird visitor though.
One of our team, Matt is also in Germany so I'll start telling him to stay healthy. Can't beat my favourite German saying though. Mahlzeit!

Star Rider

Worker
Hi Liam & thank you for your warm welcome!
If a Xylocopa iris had visited me, I would have probably assumed it was a big fly, but I don't think we get them up here..
Ha, yeah, they are rare where I live - officially extinct, I think - and I was lucky she sat there at my windowsill so I could watch her. At first I thought it was "just" a small Xylocopa violacea (I love them, they're awesome, they're big, they are a little bit more common) because she wasn't hairy enough to be a Megachile... eh, but I also could just be wrong about everything.

Don't worry, we're all glued somewhere nowadays.

Oh. And I forgot to post this:

Stay healthy!

Star Rider

Worker
A friend sent me pictures of this ridiculously beautiful ❤️ little fellow today asking me what (or who?) he is (Xylocopa violacea). You can see the brown rings at his antenna - that's how you can tell he is a male (of course only biologically). Well.. if he was female he would even live long enough to meet his children...
IMG-20200416-WA0015.jpgIMG-20200416-WA0014.jpg