Beta will be beginning soon. Make sure you're ready to help!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Hello ant fans! Hantfans.

In short order the beta test for the Empires of the Undergrowth early access build will be getting underway. For those of you who backed the game at that reward tier, that means you'll be getting your hands on the build a few weeks early to help us with balance and bug fixes.

There is now a board active on this forum visible only to those of beta backer tier. We've tried to make sure everyone who's signed up for the forum and the beta tier has access, however our system is imperfect. If you think you should have a beta backer badge on your forum account but don't, please let us know as soon as possible and we will remedy the situation for you.

Exciting times ahead!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Farigo said:
Im a backer on itch.io do i get a backer badge?

You'll get a "Backer" badge but not a beta backer one - the beta was a reward tier for the 2015 Kickstarter. I'll ask John to sort out your backer's badge now.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Please add the location of the log file directory to the introduction post unless it's sent automatically.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Chaospinhead said:
I don't see the beta forum, I backed the beta tier. Thanks!

Here's the board - let me know, can you visit it? You're already marked as a beta backer so you should be able to.

http://forum.eotugame.com/index.php?board=13.0

Yuri

Larva
Backer
Beta Tester
Mike said:
Hello ant fans! Hantfans.

In short order the beta test for the Empires of the Undergrowth early access build will be getting underway. For those of you who backed the game at that reward tier, that means you'll be getting your hands on the build a few weeks early to help us with balance and bug fixes.

There is now a board active on this forum visible only to those of beta backer tier. We've tried to make sure everyone who's signed up for the forum and the beta tier has access, however our system is imperfect. If you think you should have a beta backer badge on your forum account but don't, please let us know as soon as possible and we will remedy the situation for you.

Exciting times ahead!
It's here it's finally here! woohooo!!!!!

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
I follow the game after version 0.05 and I do not pay but I will have access to beta version or not? I wait for the launch of the game a long time and I wanted to play any update of the game and if I could have the embellishment as a companion of the beta version or not?
(if the text has errors I had to translate in google translator (from Portuguese to English))

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
John and Liam have been chasing down game-breaking bugs today. It's going pretty well - John is about to get another build out to our private testers. We'll see how it goes! But like always, if we find something game-breaking we'll need to keep working a little longer.

gurra9811

name is Gustav! at youre serves!
Backer
Beta Tester
but did you guys not say that when we gets the beta version of it, the demo version on steam we go will update and then we will have it right?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Yep. As soon as we upload it to Steam your current demo will update to become the beta.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
To keep people abreast of what's going on - we totally intended to release the beta a couple of days back, but in what we hoped would be successful testing for our small group of friends & family several game-breakers were discovered. With just three developers playing it on their own for so long, it's very easy for things to be overlooked.

Now, we've uncovered a bug which resides deep in the Unreal engine and causes semi-frequent systemic crashes. We think upgrading the version of Unreal we're using will fix this. So we've decided to upgrade the engine, which entails another round of testing.

That means a bit longer. But not much longer. It's happening in very short order. I, as the social media person, am still going to have fun posting teases on Facebook and Twitter.