[Bug?] 0.21142 H whip spider attacking targets on different elevation level

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
We have not managed to replicate this. Seems very rare. Shelving for now let us know if it come back up or if there is a method of replicating it.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
We have not managed to replicate this. Seems very rare. Shelving for now let us know if it come back up or if there is a method of replicating it.
The H whip spider prefers to attack distant enemies first, because it can do more damage that way. The H whip spider in the video was retreating all the way to the edge of the hiding place. From there the passing workers were probably in-range and for some reason they were valid targets. (It looks as if a target creature does not have to be visible for H whip spider to attack it?)

Anyway, I will keep my eyes open and see if this happens again.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Ill run a quick test with ants on top and bottom but I don't hold much hope for replication

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Found it! Twas a tired mistake. We also fixed another issue in the meantime which should speed up creature scans.

Basically if i could not find a creature that was within line of sight it was accidentally just returning the nearest one within the ability range when it should have been returning nothing.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Found it! Twas a tired mistake. We also fixed another issue in the meantime which should speed up creature scans.

Basically if i could not find a creature that was within line of sight it was accidentally just returning the nearest one within the ability range when it should have been returning nothing.
Finding the nearest creature within ability range required another scan, right? (Causing a 2nd scan, costing processing time.) Then you have killed two lady bird beetles with one pebble!