[Bug] 0.21142 'Queen in danger' music playing when no enemies are near the queen

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
At some point an enemy wandered near the queen, the game registered that and started playing the 'queen in danger' music. But when there were no enemies near the queen this music did not stop playing:
(Maybe it has something to do with the number of enemies spawned?)

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Logged, perhaps the collision meshes of some of those larger enemies are big enough to overlap the danger zone.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Logged, perhaps the collision meshes of some of those larger enemies are big enough to overlap the danger zone.
If I look closely I can see a jumping spider running over the queen brood chamber the instant before the music changes:
screenCap.jpg

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Still present in the current version. (0.2131)
This video might shed more light on this issue, as it is not such a chaotic setting:

The music for the queen being in danger not playing? I'd say the queen is in a lot of trouble if THAT many enemy's were storming the nest lol!

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The music for the queen being in danger not playing? I'd say the queen is in a lot of trouble if THAT many enemy's were storming the nest lol!
I think you misread. I wrote the 'queen in danger' music sometimes keeps playing after the enemies are no longer near her.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Have run into this issue in current version [0.2325].

I think have I found a common factor: every time this issue triggers it seems there is a creature using a special move/attack near the queen...
In the first video, a jumping spider starts a jump from near the queen.
In the second video, a DCH uses its spray attack near the queen.
In the third video, a wolf spider uses its special move (that I forgot the name of) to run past ants, also running past the queen.

And this time it happened with a DCH again, just like in the second video.

Could this issue have something to do with special moves/attacks?

MedinB

Colony
Speaking of danger themes. In Hibernation, there is some sort of “queen in danger” theme. However, it only seems to play when your nest temperature drops too low. I suspect the nest temperature and the queen's health are almost the same thing. This may be the reason enemies aren't going directly to the queen after opening a cavern.