[Bug] 0.213 Freeplay funnelweb nests not despawning, severe FPS drops, ladybug dies before landing

leiluna

Larva
I noticed that at some point (a couple hours in?) the funnelweb nests stop disappearing even though new spiders don't come to occupy them. This has caused the map to be covered in empty nests, which is... really not fun since the frame rates absolutely TANK when a lot of ants walk over a web. I'm talking stop-start motion levels of tank, complete with ant upgrade indicators disappearing until I manage to get the ants off the nests.

Another thing I noticed was that one of my majors attacked empty space, and when I zoomed out, there was a ladybug that died in midair. The corpse zoomed off to who-knows-where, and my ants harvested the little 15 that was probably the dead ladybug's left behind soul.

tl;dr: funnelweb nests don't despawn even though they're never occupied by new spiders. Frame rates drastically drop when ants walk over webs. Ladybugs killed before landing are launched into oblivion whilst leaving their souls behind to be harvested.
The map in question is Dunes. I haven't tested with the other maps, though I'm kind of tempted now.

Should I attach the save file?

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Thanks for the heads up. The ladybird issue is fixed in a patch coming tomorrow (i hope) but not heard of the funnelweb one. A freeplay save may help track that one down if you can work out which one it is.

Either way I have logged the issue!