[Bug] 0.22101 Excavators Ant stuck above the map

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Oops... I broke something again.
How did this happen?

Its altitude suggests that it was grabbed by an adult mantis, but since I have not seen this reported on extremis I guess there is more to it than that. Perhaps it happened in combination with jumping spider stun effect when it jumps? (Battle Arena, here I come!)

Full video here in case it is needed.

I was able to replicate in Battle Arena by putting 200-300 worker ants against 50 L mantis with 100 jumping spiders:

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I had this happen to me also not been able to replicate it since. Will have a go with the setup you said replicated it finger crossed

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I had this happen to me also not been able to replicate it since. Will have a go with the setup you said replicated it finger crossed
It has a decent chance of replicating it.

I also have another interesting thing that happened to me caught on cam:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.ph...icket-special-attack-can-move-the-queen.5098/

And this attempt at replication ended in a very... interesting way:
As the video shows the bug could be un-done by the game in some cases. This leads me to wonder if this bug is actually happening at a much higher rate, but is often corrected by a second pick up immediately after?

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Think we have got to the bottom of it, and we also fixed a creatures freezing bug whilst we were at it!

It is actually a combination of things that cause it but there is a half a second at the start of a creature being picked up where they are moving towards the mantises hand where if something goes wrong and the mantis loses its target, the creature it was holding never flags as being able to move again so just gets stuck in the air!