[Bug] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} Often times a different item is taken from the inventory than selected

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
It appears that not clicking an item tile before dragging it from the inventory to the nest can cause a different to be dragged out of the inventory instead.

Edit:
Here's some footage:

Last edited:

FranzIocane

Larva
Developer of Beetle Uprising
So, let me see if I saw that right. You clicked on the popcorn then the Rotted Apple tried to put it down but it took the sugar cube instead?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
So, let me see if I saw that right. You clicked on the popcorn then the Rotted Apple tried to put it down but it took the sugar cube instead?
Yes, that's what it looks like.
Edit:
In a different client session I was unable to replicate this.

Last edited:

FranzIocane

Larva
Yeah, not having any luck with it either. I'm guessing it's a race condition, something got eaten while it was being selected... maybe. We'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Yeah, not having any luck with it either. I'm guessing it's a race condition, something got eaten while it was being selected... maybe. We'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks
I got another encounter with it today:
Maybe it has something to do with the inventory bar moving back when dragged beyond its last item?

Here's the entire session just in case you need it:

DarrinIocane

Larva
I think I also heard a double-click. down-up-down-drag. And the blueberry became a nectar.

BTW, if this happens, and you notice, you can release the item over the inventory bar, or hit escape before dropping it, to not place the item.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I think I also heard a double-click. down-up-down-drag. And the blueberry became a nectar.
I think I did a LMB-click, LMB-drag on the blue berry there? While dragging the inventory bar the mouse was over the nectar, maybe it can have something to do with it?

FranzIocane

Larva
Like all games there's always something deep that doesn't stop you from playing but is still irritating. Thanks for playing, no chance to fix things if we can find them!