[Bug] Beta Alpha level unreachable food

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Not able to replicate this at all. Were they dropped or were they just on the map at the beginning?
I don't know. I only noticed them being there in that state. I did not see how they got there. And I have not encountered it again.
Edit:
If you look closely they are visible on the minimap in that location.

Another edit:
I'll add it to my todo to try replicating this bug some time.

Last edited:

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Might be worth noting if there are stuck ants somewhere trying to get to the food. I cannot see any though, hummm

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Might be worth noting if there are stuck ants somewhere trying to get to the food. I cannot see any though, hummm
I am guessing I had prevent gather setting on the nest group (my default) and I probably toggled the gather on the 1 group to rapidly respond to a tiger beetle rushing to my queen? So multiple ants had a chance to pick them up?
Since you are unable to replicate it you probably want to look to other issues for now. I will see if I can replicate it, this is not a big deal anyway? It's only two seedlets and the root cause may well be adressed by fixing an issue elsewhere?

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Right i got it! Food could get flagged as buried if it is generated on top of a tile that is part of a cavern (that has been dug out). Food gets generated for example when a tile is sold (the leafcutter tiles being sold leaving leaves on the floor unpick-able up would have been caused by this) and also when food is split when there is not enough space to store the whole food on a tile. This could also be causing issues with food in other areas so it is a good one to spot!

That one took a while! Thanks for your help!

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Right i got it! Food could get flagged as buried if it is generated on top of a tile that is part of a cavern (that has been dug out). Food gets generated for example when a tile is sold (the leafcutter tiles being sold leaving leaves on the floor unpick-able up would have been caused by this) and also when food is split when there is not enough space to store the whole food on a tile. This could also be causing issues with food in other areas so it is a good one to spot!

That one took a while! Thanks for your help!

I tested it:
20200109171501_1.jpg
The leaves in the cavern are unreachable, but those outside are not.