Bug with saved creatures appearing as different things seemlingly at random.

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
So I saved this fish named fourfinned and then when I spawned it in everything was labeled misc even though I spawned like 20 of them in. Here are the steps, so I edited this creature and gave it extra 2 fins in the back. THe only reason I think this glitched is because the color took too long to load in and it just gave up. So I misclicked on the color panel and then there’s a text saying color loading... I waited 10 minutes for it to load while I edit the other thingies but when I came back it still have the text. So I pressed ok, saved changes and gave it a name. Here’s 2 varieties of the glitch, the first type is it’ll spawn it, change into a bunch of normal creatures. Second type is that it will deplete my food points but nothing is spawned in.

Last edited:

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
So I saved this fish named fourfinned and then when I spawned it in everything was labeled misc even though I spawned like 20 of them in. Here are the steps, so I edited this creature and gave it extra 2 fins in the back. THe only reason I think this glitched is because the color took too long to load in and it just gave up. So I misclicked on the color panel and then there’s a text saying color loading... I waited 10 minutes for it to load while I edit the other thingies but when I came back it still have the text. So I pressed ok, saved changes and gave it a name. Here’s 2 varieties of the glitch, the first type is it’ll spawn it, change into a bunch of normal creatures. Second type is that it will deplete my food points but nothing is spawned in.
I've seen a few other reports of things going wrong with stored and edited creatures as well. Anything going wrong with saving is very high priority for me, so I will look into this and hopefully have a fix very soon. I appreciate the report and repro steps.