Colony Rooms

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
When I played eotu recently I thought it could need some variety in rooms. Say there could be a technology research lab where you could research new tech. There could say be 15-40 and scientists at a time and they would go on researching things the scouts bring in for them. What the scouts bring in is depended on what technology you're searching for, like if you're working on surface nesting which is basically digging a shallow tunnel exposed to the surface and then covering it with a leaf the scouts will bring in different types of leaves and some splinters that they test out designs to hold the leaves down.

There's also the gene biology lab that you don't need but other colonies do because they can't gene steal, they have to gene splice. Though you have a gene improvement lab you can give them new abilities and upgrade individual tile or multiple at the same depending on the amount of research you saved up. Still, this place can be operated between 15-40 individuals. Next is the entertainment production room. The sole purpose of this room is to make stories for the queen to keep her happy. The ants will send scouts out to have stories and then come back to write them down. The history room Is to tell the colony's history to the new soldiers and workers.

There are a few more rooms but I'm a bit tired here in America. It's 11:27 right now so good night.
(PLease make a tired Emoji, I hate saying that word after The Emoji Movie com out)

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
As creative as a lot of these suggestions are (and we appreciate the creative thinking, we really do) most of them wouldn't really fit into our game. We decided quite early in the development process against having the ants be intelligent beyond how they are in nature anyway - they act on instinct and individually are not all that smart. They wouldn't be able to actively research things, or keep records, or need entertainment.

I really can see a more fantastical, Pixar-like take on an ant colony being fun to play, but it wouldn't be Empires of the Undergrowth.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I was more thinking an Empire des fourmis or in English Empire of the Ants, than a Pixar take, I get the point so I will trie to orientate my suggestions to the style of the game.

PS: Look up Empire of the Ents and there's an ant game from 2001 based on the book and you should try it out. Might give you some ideas.