Concept for Slave-makers

Mr_Ced

Colony
This isn't really a suggestion, but more of some ideas I came up with for the current in-game Slave-makers. (Maybe for a mod?)

Mechanics

• The Slave-makers would either only be able to gain food from raiding colonies, or only gain workers from colonies. Meaning that the only way to expand is by raiding a colony.

• A group of Slave-makers can be toggled to fight or to loot by the Combat Toggle. If the Toggle is off for a group, they will rush to the chambers of a colony to gather larva.

• Slave-makers will not fight when their Combat is toggled off, even when attacked

• Enslaved ants are organized by their original chambers they were stole from.

• Enslaved ants are kept within special chambers that must be built. Upgrading the tiles of this chamber allow more to be stored. The Queen's chamber functions as one to start off.

• The Queen's chamber is not composed of workers but soldiers, they have no workers. Eggs are placed down auto-matically by the queen for this chamber.
Special Abilities

1. Agile: Slave-makers of this type will ignore collisions of enemy ants, and gain a movement speed bonus.
  2. Efficient: Slave-makers of this type will carry two eggs instead of one, and enslaved ants hatched are one level above their home tile.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
This isn't really a suggestion, but more of some ideas I came up with for the current in-game Slave-makers. (Maybe for a mod?)

Mechanics

• The Slave-makers would either only be able to gain food from raiding colonies, or only gain workers from colonies. Meaning that the only way to expand is by raiding a colony.

• A group of Slave-makers can be toggled to fight or to loot by the Combat Toggle. If the Toggle is off for a group, they will rush to the chambers of a colony to gather larva.

• Slave-makers will not fight when their Combat is toggled off, even when attacked

• Enslaved ants are organized by their original chambers they were stole from.

• Enslaved ants are kept within special chambers that must be built. Upgrading the tiles of this chamber allow more to be stored. The Queen's chamber functions as one to start off.

• The Queen's chamber is not composed of workers but soldiers, they have no workers. Eggs are placed down auto-matically by the queen for this chamber.
Special Abilities

1. Agile: Slave-makers of this type will ignore collisions of enemy ants, and gain a movement speed bonus.
  2. Efficient: Slave-makers of this type will carry two eggs instead of one, and enslaved ants hatched are one level above their home tile.
I would make a change to the efficient. They could carry a second egg with a chance of 10-20% on level 1 and it would increase per level. I also assume that the devs would have to look into how the colony is build and if there are soldiers too. But I don't know enough about slave maker ants myself to give a good view on how they work in nature.

TheRexYo

Queen
I would make a change to the efficient. They could carry a second egg with a chance of 10-20% on level 1 and it would increase per level. I also assume that the devs would have to look into how the colony is build and if there are soldiers too. But I don't know enough about slave maker ants myself to give a good view on how they work in nature.
Another point to make, what happens when you obtain an egg from a level 3 chamber? Level 4 ants? XD

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Another point to make, what happens when you obtain an egg from a level 3 chamber? Level 4 ants? XD
I would say that is neither here nor there. But I have another idea for this. What if you cannot level the ants but you can level the slave spots? It would increase the speed with which they hatch, the capacity at level 3 and or reduce the needed resources per slaveling. Since they steal the ants I think it would be actually the best if the ants don't level with the slave slots.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
i wish they used polyergus instead those ants are really cool and are also social parasites.
There are many Social Parasites, the Slave Makers in 1.x are raiding social parasites while the Rufa's in 2.x are mandatory (I think) social parasites