Corona Virus - VERY IMPORTANT!

⚠️Caution!⚠️ The moment you're reading this, there is a virus in our world named Coronavirus. Please wash your hands with soap all the time, don’t touch your mouth, nose and eyes. Avoid crowds & Exposed Places.

Hi, this is a quick reminder about the Coronavirus and how to protect yourself. Please remember to the sentence above!

I'm in danger.
I currently have been notified that a person has gotten the Coronavirus in Urbandale (Where I live) as of so. This worries me, remember to clean and wash to hands daily. You don't want to get sick like walking through a refuse chamber!

How to know if you have the Coronavirus?
If you cough a lot and have difficultly breathing this could be a sign of the Coronavirus, make sure to check with a doctor in case.

Ways to protect yourself.
Wash your hands daily. That will be the first thing anybody will say to you. If no, use hand sanitizer as it kills germs. It isn't as effective as washing your hands but it can still be helpful. MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS FOR 20 SECONDS.

Can we remove the virus?
You can donate and help develop a cure. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/donate

Schools will be closed in some states for a few weeks. Like so nearby Urbandale schools are closed for 4 weeks. But remember, don't have fun too much! WASH YOUR HANDS, BE CAREFUL.

Please PLEASE do these steps. I want nobody to be locked away, and they can't play EotU anymore!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I think the most important thing with this virus is simply to be considerate. Don't panic buy - this is not the apocalypse; the crisis will pass in months. How many die in those months is down to how we consider our fellow man.

Don't have the attitude of being careless about it because you're young and healthy and unlikely to suffer serious issues - you can still pass it on to strangers and more vulnerable friends and relatives. Most of us have elderly or otherwise at-risk people we love.

Be as sanitary as you can and keep social distance, even if you're entirely fine. Let's just all be kind.

HofNerd

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ways to protect yourself.
Wash your hands daily. That will be the first thing anybody will say to you. If no, use hand sanitizer as it kills germs. It isn't as effective as washing your hands but it can still be helpful. MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS FOR 20 SECONDS.
Don't forget to wash your thumbs! Many often forget to wash their thumbs!

In france we've finally got the quarantine, remember not to go to the doctor/emergency simply because you cough, they'll simply tell you to confine more unless you risk complications (being old, needing an anti inflammatory treatment, being asthmatic, etc.) and you'll only add more engorgement
don't buy masks unless you are contaminated, these are useless if you want to protect yourself from SARS-2 they only prevent you from infecting more peoples.
don't buy hand sanitizer, soap works just fine and the virus is incredibly weak, it can be killed simply by washing you hands correctly
(and for once don't buy toilet paper, you have enough home for 2 weeks and it won't help containing the virus)

Don't worry, I take all the necessary steps in protecting myself.

1. Just remember it's not just you MedinBurnic, i'm in slight danger too because a nearby primary school to where I live has been closed down because a teacher has been diagnosed positive with the virus.

2. This virus is different to the regular flu virus because the symptoms don't show as clearly.

HofNerd

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
I may need to worry a bit more about this than I am doing right now?
My neighbors have covid-19 (99% certainty) and I am in the extra risk group. (Respiratory disease)

this is an example of "survival of the fittest" my History teacher said
well not so much because someone can be an extremmely good specimen and still die of this disease (because it hits randomly and mostly in the elderly, so whatever your genes you can die, and the only trait that is almost sure to impact your survival is age, but if you are old chances are you already got children / won't get anymore so "survival of the fittest" doesn't applies that much here

I may need to worry a bit more about this than I am doing right now?
My neighbors have covid-19 (99% certainty) and I am in the extra risk group. (Respiratory disease)
I don't think you need to worry much more than before, many people were obviously gonna get it and it will be an issue for only a few, as long as you continue to socially isolate yourself you don't have much risk and you'll avoid spreading it if you get it

this is an example of "survival of the fittest" my History teacher said
Well yes, but then humans have very, very complex emotions and a lot of us (as the entire population of Earth) will not slide with something like that and may get offended, but then again diseases are one of natures ways of keeping our numbers down.

as I said in my post, no, it is not an example of "survival of the fittest" as the "fittest" there is not determined by genetical characteristics (rather by age and diseases), and if we talk about the darwin's theory of evolution, the terms "survival of the fittest" isn't even a correct spelling as something fit in an environment won't be in another. applied to a disease, the only thing that would change would be the immunity to coronavirus and it will become an useless trait as soon as the epidemic is over
but then again diseases are one of natures ways of keeping our numbers down.
nature doesn't have a mind nor a goal, we shouldn't see things as caused by some "will" because it would give it a justification, things like that only happen because the virus mutated randomly, not to keep our numbers low, and if it was made in that goal it wouldn't achieve it, even if 70% of everyone gets coronavirus only 1-3% of people are at risk of dying, which is horrible it is millions of deaths, but it won't change anything to the number of human living, a year of births is 139 million babies whereas coronavirus will hardly kill a hundred millions people

as I said in my post, no, it is not an example of "survival of the fittest" as the "fittest" there is not determined by genetical characteristics (rather by age and diseases), and if we talk about the darwin's theory of evolution, the terms "survival of the fittest" isn't even a correct spelling as something fit in an environment won't be in another. applied to a disease, the only thing that would change would be the immunity to coronavirus and it will become an useless trait as soon as the epidemic is over

nature doesn't have a mind nor a goal, we shouldn't see things as caused by some "will" because it would give it a justification, things like that only happen because the virus mutated randomly, not to keep our numbers low, and if it was made in that goal it wouldn't achieve it, even if 70% of everyone gets coronavirus only 1-3% of people are at risk of dying, which is horrible it is millions of deaths, but it won't change anything to the number of human living, a year of births is 139 million babies whereas coronavirus will hardly kill a hundred millions people
yeah, exactly. But when I meant 'natures way' I didn't mean nature is sentient and has this method of keeping our numbers lower. It's totally random.

Scyobi_Empire

Soldier
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
(Sorry for Necro, I don't like doing this but I feel like posting some updates in the UK)
The forced national lockdown will be lifted on the 5th of December but the tier system will be reenacted. Remember to wear masks in places of education and keep contact with only 2 families. Don't wear your mask if it is wet, dirty or damaged. If it is, see if there is an unused paper one you can use. Do not share masks.

person111

Soldier
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Okay, I’m just gonna clear things up for people who say this is an example of “survival of the fittest”. First off, no, it is more of a survival of the good enough, or lucky enough. Because, even if your body has cleared all of the Covid-19 viruses, there is still a high possibility that other invading bacteria/virus/fungus can go into your body since your immune system has been weakened. After that it wreaks havoc on your lungs and so on. And then malthusianists, still wrong, if you kill say.. 200 million people, the world is going to still make more people in a matter of years, use the black plaque, it killed 1/3 of Europe, but the population still exploded right after. And about the linear growth of food, the more people we have, the more food we are going to produce for ourselves, so you don’t have to worry.