dead event

miky

Worker
when a organism die its body will not vanish and will sunk on the sea floor where it will can be eated by predators or if it isnt eated it turn into soil and that area become more fertile for future plants

Agape

Larva
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Whoa! I looked at those vanishing bodies for hours and it didn't occur to me that it is unnatural. You opened my eyes. I love that idea. Predators feeding on carrion when they are unlucky enough to find living prey. Maybe even add a new category of fishes? Scavengers who specialize on eating dead meat.
I want that in the game!
But I think fishes with genetic diseases should vanish like they already do because they are too weird to lay around.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
when a organism die its body will not vanish and will sunk on the sea floor where it will can be eated by predators or if it isnt eated it turn into soil and that area become more fertile for future plants
Whoa! I looked at those vanishing bodies for hours and it didn't occur to me that it is unnatural. You opened my eyes. I love that idea. Predators feeding on carrion when they are unlucky enough to find living prey. Maybe even add a new category of fishes? Scavengers who specialize on eating dead meat.
I want that in the game!
But I think fishes with genetic diseases should vanish like they already do because they are too weird to lay around.
I'm hoping to implement something like this in the future, including with scavengers having the ability to specialize in eating dead things. I was hoping to put it in the demo, but there were a few difficulties balancing them with the rest of the ecosystem and getting everything to look ok (in the first test version, there were horrible piles of bodies everywhere!). Thanks for the suggestion, it's very helpful to know that this is a more in-demand feature. :)