Ecosystem Feedback + Suggestions

Ashton.K

Worker
Hi there! So I downloaded your game after I saw a youtuber play it, and it looked like an amazing idea. I opened it up and wasn't disappointed at all.

Right now, my playtime is about 2 hours. I found it really fun, and I loved seeing what would happen when I did things. I watched species evolve and die out, I built little caves and oasis's for them, and I saw some cool looking fish. This game has so much potential and I absolutely can't wait until the full release. I know this is the demo so I'm not going to be harsh, and I've read through the other threads where you've said you had something planned and such, so hopefully you haven't heard these suggestions yet.

I know you've said you want to add more terrains in the future. I think a few cool ones could be a rocky, mountainous terrain, maybe a series of caves or something, a deep water volcanic biome where creatures would evolve to live in the deep (I'm aware that's a lot of work), a tropical biome where fish evolve with brighter colours and maybe even some kind of freshwater biome with dead mossy logs and stuff.

I thought I had a lot of suggestions but I don't remember any other ones so I'll leave it at that. Also do you have any idea of what price the game will be when released?

Thanks, -Ash

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Hi there! So I downloaded your game after I saw a youtuber play it, and it looked like an amazing idea. I opened it up and wasn't disappointed at all.

Right now, my playtime is about 2 hours. I found it really fun, and I loved seeing what would happen when I did things. I watched species evolve and die out, I built little caves and oasis's for them, and I saw some cool looking fish. This game has so much potential and I absolutely can't wait until the full release. I know this is the demo so I'm not going to be harsh, and I've read through the other threads where you've said you had something planned and such, so hopefully you haven't heard these suggestions yet.

I know you've said you want to add more terrains in the future. I think a few cool ones could be a rocky, mountainous terrain, maybe a series of caves or something, a deep water volcanic biome where creatures would evolve to live in the deep (I'm aware that's a lot of work), a tropical biome where fish evolve with brighter colours and maybe even some kind of freshwater biome with dead mossy logs and stuff.

I thought I had a lot of suggestions but I don't remember any other ones so I'll leave it at that. Also do you have any idea of what price the game will be when released?

Thanks, -Ash
Thank you! I appreciate all the kind words; they made my day. I am working on a terrain generator now so your suggestions have good timing. I like all of these ideas and think I should be able to get most of them in the game. Even trickier ones like the deep sea or cave systems are interesting and iconic enough to be worth the extra work - they are the kind of environments I would want to try out if I had just found the game. I'm not really sure about the price yet! I was leaning towards something like $20 for the final game, but I am also hoping to grow it a lot from the demo so it is bigger, with more depth and more to do.