[Feedback] - More 'Unique' Freeplay maps

MedinB

Colony
The next freeplay map is in the works, and I'm curious to know what it will look like. Currently, the most recent freeplay maps we have had were very unappealing and boring. They don't look unique. For example, if we take a look at Embankment, the map is a river flowing through a mostly flat landscape. The colony locations are just four corners, and it just doesn't add much variety in play style. I think Basin also has the same problem.
20220904132417_1.jpg

Cold Blood has to be one of my favorite maps by far. If we compare Embankment to Cold Blood, Cold Blood has a lot more interesting landscape. There is a nearby hill with a colony located there, two smaller colonies located at the bottom fighting for the central milkweed plant. The bullfrog is on a small hill, and the map has two rivers in it. There is also plenty of decoration, and this creates a really appealing map. A lot of my playtime is spent in freeplay, so I think good effort needs to be put in these maps.

I'm suggesting the next freeplay map takes some of this feedback into consideration. The unique landscape 'Cold Blood' and 'A Bridge Too Far' have made the levels have more of an intriguing play style. I'm thinking of putting this in the Discord for a wider range of opinions.

20220904132952_1.jpg

Although, we still haven't seen what the new freeplay map will look like, so right now, it's a waiting game. This is just something I noticed when playing these levels, and I thought I would mention it.

The next freeplay map is in the works, and I'm curious to know what it will look like. Currently, the most recent freeplay maps we have had were very unappealing and boring. They don't look unique. For example, if we take a look at Embankment, the map is a river flowing through a mostly flat landscape. The colony locations are just four corners, and it just doesn't add much variety in play style. I think Basin also has the same problem.
View attachment 1505

Cold Blood has to be one of my favorite maps by far. If we compare Embankment to Cold Blood, Cold Blood has a lot more interesting landscape. There is a nearby hill with a colony located there, two smaller colonies located at the bottom fighting for the central milkweed plant. The bullfrog is on a small hill, and the map has two rivers in it. There is also plenty of decoration, and this creates a really appealing map. A lot of my playtime is spent in freeplay, so I think good effort needs to be put in these maps.

I'm suggesting the next freeplay map takes some of this feedback into consideration. The unique landscape 'Cold Blood' and 'A Bridge Too Far' have made the levels have more of an intriguing play style. I'm thinking of putting this in the Discord for a wider range of opinions.

View attachment 1506

Although, we still haven't seen what the new freeplay map will look like, so right now, it's a waiting game. This is just something I noticed when playing these levels, and I thought I would mention it.
I love the new maps. I love the old maps too the devs still put effort into them and we have played on them a lot doesn’t mean there bad it just means that there not new. The new maps feature more uniqueness and more decoration, but overall the other maps are still lots of fun. We still are waiting to see what the swamp map will look like.