Fish filled with air?

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I do not know if this is a bug but when I was play I went afk for a bit and after a few minutes I returned and I saw that there were more species, so of course, I checked some of them. After finding a fish with four fins , I checked if they were spread out or not and after clicking on the name a few times, The camera teleported me to a fish that is out of the water and floating, any explanations?

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Also, the fish wasn't moving so it wasn't like that the fish just swam to the surface, also at that point i cannot go back into the ocean again

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I do not know if this is a bug but when I was play I went afk for a bit and after a few minutes I returned and I saw that there were more species, so of course, I checked some of them. After finding a fish with four fins , I checked if they were spread out or not and after clicking on the name a few times, The camera teleported me to a fish that is out of the water and floating, any explanations?
That's quite a bug! The game should be able to handle it if a creature just swims up to the surface (I have had a few who could briefly leap out of the water before falling back in). However, before creatures are born they undergo a brief physics check that occurs outside of the game world. Maybe something went wrong with that; such creatures might appear to be floating in the sky. I'll look into it - thank you for the report.

That's quite a bug! The game should be able to handle it if a creature just swims up to the surface (I have had a few who could briefly leap out of the water before falling back in). However, before creatures are born they undergo a brief physics check that occurs outside of the game world. Maybe something went wrong with that; such creatures might appear to be floating in the sky. I'll look into it - thank you for the report.
I've also seen some similar problems with going AFK for long periods of time where the fish finds itself any given place outside the play area and is apparently immortal... <_<... If that helps.