Formicarium Trapjaws (and others!) - I've Finally Done It!

Two updates on this.
1) 'Edited' ants still transfer to Freeplay (Score!)
2) Leafcutter Medias do not increase food, despite the fact that their "Fungus Storage" description remains.

Unfortunately, I haven't got Army Ants working quite yet. I'll see what I can do, but no promises.

P.S. - If anyone wants to know how to do this, just give me a reply and I'll setup a guide or something. Anyway, have a good night / day (wherever you all live).

person111

Soldier
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Two updates on this.
1) 'Edited' ants still transfer to Freeplay (Score!)
2) Leafcutter Medias do not increase food, despite the fact that their "Fungus Storage" description remains.

Unfortunately, I haven't got Army Ants working quite yet. I'll see what I can do, but no promises.

P.S. - If anyone wants to know how to do this, just give me a reply and I'll setup a guide or something. Anyway, have a good night / day (wherever you all live).
I would wanna use army ants and medias in my formicarium

I would wanna use army ants and medias in my formicarium
Haven't quite gotten Army Ants to work, but if you're talking about Leafcutter Medias, I have gotten them to work. Really, all I did was copy over some code from the "Extremis" level's save and thus obtained the ants it contained, lol.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Ha an interesting approach. The colony setup is just a big structure that is saved into the save file so yes it should work fine in freeplay. Interesting that this works. Army ants are not in extremis so I am nut surprised they don't work

Also, everyone - be sure to backup your save files before editing them. I almost lost one because I forgot to copy a line of binary code when 'transplanting' the data.

How do you access the code in the first place?
I opened the file "ExtremeHoldOutProgress.sav", then copied the code from there into "Colony7.sav" (the save file for my seventh Formicarium colony). You have to copy just a few specific lines of code, or it'll break your save. Until I can write an exact guide, you guys should use trial and error, with a lot of backups, lol. Don't edit your saves without them. Ofc, that's kind-of common knowledge, so I'm not really concerned that you guys won't use backups, but just in case. Anyway, have a good day!