Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WaffleGuy

Colony
Workers only The Harvest on insane 3rd try Capture2.PNG 4th try Capture.PNG
View attachment 1425
In other news, I have confirmed that this is possible. You have to time it correctly and make sure your leaf count is less than the opponents until the opponent reaches 13000 leaves (to prevent getting leafcutter major'd out of existence). Then, collect as many leaves as possible to reach 14000 first. Once they do send the majors, remember to hold them off with at least 60 ants with attack off.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I believe either image enlargement or lossy compression has made the images a bit unreadable, worker only challenges are hard but very relieving when pulled off. Good luck on your challenges!

WaffleGuy

Colony
13,513 - 14,005
13,655 - 14,023

I think that actually succeeding might be the most great accomplishment anyone has ever done in EotU before, at least twice the difficulty as Hibernation on insane with workers only. The Other Foot on insane with workers only might be harder, but that's never been done before anyway. It doesn't look that hard on the face of it, but it requires copious amounts of precision and luck. But, if I do manage to do it, that's instant ICS for me :D

WaffleGuy

Colony
I have changed up the strategy:

Beginning
Immediately dig towards the entrance. Create two workers and three food tiles with one upgraded near the entrance. Next, dig out an area of about 25 blocks and also dig out the entrance. And finally, place six tiles of refuse in the 25 block chamber. Now, you can assign your workers to harvest as usual.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a bit of harvesting, place three more workers SEPERATE from the ones you already placed and add another worker to the workers you placed first. Next, you can move this group to the nest to handle nest jobs while your other ants go harvest. Keep harvesting and creating more workers, while sometimes adding more workers for nest jobs. Eventually you can move the queen's chamber into the nest group to handle nest jobs too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VERY IMPORTANT: If the opponent leafcutters are harvesting the area of leaves directly below them, immediately restart. We need them to get the least amount of leaves.

• You should have harvested both groups of leaves closest to you by the middle of the first night.
  • You should have at least fifty workers by the beginning of the first night.

Nighttime
After you have harvested both groups of leaves, immediately harvest the leaves above. There shouldn't be too many harvestmen, and there definitely shouldn't be any bush crickets. Once your done, harvest the group of leaves directly below the enemy nest. If their trails are there, simply harvest the leaves to the right. If not, then you're lucky, harvest all the leaves.
VERY IMPORTANT: If there are any bush crickets OR if you don't get to harvest the group of leaves below the enemy nest before early light, immediately restart. You cannot risk losing 1000 - 1500 leaves to this.
  • You should have harvested both groups by daytime.
  • You should have at least three groups of fifty ants, each contained within their own pheromone.
  • You should have 25 refuse tiles, none upgraded.

Second Day
When early light comes, immediately retreat into the nest. Once all your ants are there, harvest AS MUCH LEAVES AS POSSIBLE from the RIGHT side of the map, avoiding any praying mantises. If you do happen to encounter a praying mantis though, and your full force is there, place your pheromones directly on it and constantly disable / enable attack. This will allow ants to come to the middle of the praying mantis, so there are more ants to deal damage quicker. This also works with rove beetles.
VERY IMPORTANT: If there are more than three jumping spiders OR there is a bush cricket in this area, immediately restart. These situation\ just cause too much harvesting issues for the ants.
  • By the start of night, you should already have all five pheromones completed, again, each with fifty ants.
  • You should have taken at least 2500 leaves from this area before dusk.
  • You should have at least 100 more leaves than the opponent and 6000 leaves in total.
Second Night
Retreat into the nest completely. Once every ant is in, send all your pheromones to the left, middle plateau (in terms of x, y). Steal as many leaves as possible while also keeping away from the atta colony. This should give you about 2500 extra leaves, which is kind of incredible. Make sure you completely drain as much of the area as you can.
Once you do all that, harvest the area to the right and a bit above the left, middle plateau you just harvested from. This should have at least an extra 1500 leaves for you. Now, we are getting near the most crucial, clutch part of this challenge. Be prepared.
VERY IMPORTANT: If there are any bush crickets in this area OR the atta colony's trail is in the middle of the map rather than the top (in terms of y), immediately restart.
  • You should have at least 10500 leaves by early light.
  • The opponent should be at least 1400 leaves behind.

Third Day
Immediately harvest AS MANY MORE LEAVES AS POSSIBLE on the LEFT side of the map. If you payed attention to my strategy, there should still be a lot of vegetation remaining here. TAKE ALL OF IT. These leftover leaves are the final 3000 you need to finally win and regain your sanity to lose it another day.
Attacks should now start coming through at specifically the time where you get 11500 leaves. Once this happens, send groups four and five to the plateau above your nest with attack OFF. Make sure groups one, two, and three keep harvesting. They must get enough leaves before time runs out! Keep getting leaves, and hopefully, you should finally complete one of the most insane challenges ever thought of in this entire game. Congratulations! If you don't pull it off, don't worry, you're not the only one. Takes out the eleven videos of each try I have which all failed
VERY IMPORTANT: If there are any trapjaws on your trail on this left part of the map, immediately restart. They just kill ants too fast for you to have a chance at winning.
  • If you do get 14000 leaves, you are one of the most skilled players in EotU, unless you just got really really lucky.
  • You should have at least thirty total nest workers.

WaffleGuy

Colony
Capture.PNG
This is the closest I've gotten so far (the images at the top of the page used a different strategy which sucked). I had all the leaves nearby, but that STUPID DUMB WORKER CARRYING A LEAF (yes it was just one single worker, I have a video) unfortunately managed to attract a praying mantis to my entire army, forcing a retreat. If the ants had a bit more time, they would have been able to collect the giant sapling and the other saplings just left of the plateau above my nest, which would have allowed me to win the game.

\:(

WaffleGuy

Colony
Capture.PNG
This is the closest I've ever gotten. How did I lose by just 300 leaves, you may ask?
Capture2.PNG
Perhaps this has something to do with it.
The luck required to pull this off... second time this happened to me.