Hello from Luxembourg

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Hello everyone,

I'm already registered since a couple of months but kinda forgot about it. haha
To introduce myself, some know me as Nico or AntsLuxembourg. I'm a hobby antkeeper and indoor gardener (herbs, avocados, Paprikas and a bonsai) who loves to cook and do stuff on the computer. Working as an IT-Guy but also doing some developing/coding/programming in diffrent languages. Speaking of languages, I do speak Luxembourgish, German, English and French and currently learn Japanese so I can watch Anime without subtitles. :)
I'm selling some local Antcolonies via the GAN Project from AntsCanada in case someone got trouble catching his own queenant.

The game is awesome and as far as I remembered I supported the development before it even was release and I was super excited when the game was finally published since I'm a big fan of ants and also keeping ants myself. Fellow Antkeepers might know the species Lasius Niger (a very common species all over the northern half of the globe) and Messor Barbarus (Harvester Ants from countries around the mediterranian sea) and every now and then I do some antstreams to share them with the world and to perhaps find some interesting behaviours and informations.

I also got a pretty healthy knowledge about ants in general and hope to find a camponotus queen to keep a larger antspecies which lives inside woodnests. It would be really awesome to have one of those since they are much easier to see.

Hopefully I will be of help to the developers with my knowledge and try to support them with my knowledge about ants and perhaps not unknown but uncommon facts about several antspecies. Hopefully we will get to see some of the following antscolonies (more like types not specific species):

- Harvester Ants: Diet which is 99,99% seeds and rarely an insect. Not all seeds tho since some are actually poisonous. (even to us humans) Messor Barbarus for example.
- Honey Pot Ants: Storing their food inside some of their workers. Some Antkeeps feed the colony colored honey to make it more colorful. Myrmecocystus mexicanus for example.
- Dracula Ants: They are best know for drinking blood from their own lavae or puppae. They are specialized predators tho. Stigmatomma for example.
- Trap-Jaw Ants: They are picky eaters but their jaws is one of the fastest and most painful in the world. They sometimes keep springtails as livestock. Anochetus for example.
- Gamergate Ants: Every ant starts as a queenant but they usually have an alpha queen (the gamergate) which tries to keep her brute infertile. They can however change the leader if another one wants to overthrow the current alpha. They are clever girls. ;) Diacamma rugosum for example.
- Wood Ants: They are bigger than most ants and easy to spot. They live in dead trees or wood. Preferably dry. Camponotus herculeanus for example.
-Weaver Ants: They build their nests inside of trees using the silk of their larvae to glue the leafs, mosses and twigs together. Camponotus orinus for example.
- Marauder Ants: They are well known for their extream sizes. The queens can grow up to 3 cm in length (as far as I know/saw). Pheidologeton for example.

I must tell you that I don't know everything of course and some of those informations might be wrong. Like the name of the species or one or two facts but as far as I remembered those facts should be true.

Hopefully we will get to see some interesting new colonies and I could imagine a fight between weaver ants and leaf cutter ants but I don't know if those two kind of ants could ever meet or if they will be implemented into the game but I will gladly help the developers if they need some help with facts and informations about different kinds of ants. :)

Anyway. I'm super glad that I found this game in 2017 and that it got made. Super happy to be part of this community. :)

MedinB

Colony
Hello everyone,

I'm already registered since a couple of months but kinda forgot about it. haha
To introduce myself, some know me as Nico or AntsLuxembourg. I'm a hobby antkeeper and indoor gardener (herbs, avocados, Paprikas and a bonsai) who loves to cook and do stuff on the computer. Working as an IT-Guy but also doing some developing/coding/programming in diffrent languages. Speaking of languages, I do speak Luxembourgish, German, English and French and currently learn Japanese, so I can watch Anime without subtitles. :)
I'm selling some local Antcolonies via the GAN Project from AntsCanada in case someone got trouble catching his own queenant.

The game is awesome and as far as I remembered I supported the development before it even was release, and I was super excited when the game was finally published since I'm a big fan of ants and also keeping ants myself. Fellow Antkeepers might know the species Lasius Niger (a very common species all over the northern half of the globe) and Messor Barbarus (Harvester Ants from countries around the mediterranian sea) and now and then I do some ant streams to share them with the world and to perhaps find some interesting behaviours and informations.

I also got a pretty healthy knowledge about ants in general and hope to find a camponotus queen to keep a larger antspecies which lives inside wood nests. It would be really awesome to have one of those since they are much easier to see.

Hopefully I will be of help to the developers with my knowledge and try to support them with my knowledge about ants and perhaps not unknown but uncommon facts about several ant species. Hopefully we will get to see some following ants colonies (more like types not specific species):

- Harvester Ants: Diet which is 99,99% seeds and rarely an insect. Not all seeds tho since some are actually poisonous. (even to us humans) Messor Barbarus for example.
- Honey Pot Ants: Storing their food inside some of their workers. Some Antkeeps feed the colony colored honey to make it more colorful. Myrmecocystus mexicanus for example.
- Dracula Ants: They are best known for drinking blood from their own lavae or puppae. They are specialized predators tho. Stigmatomma for example.
- Trap-Jaw Ants: They are picky eaters but their jaws is one of the fastest and most painful in the world. They sometimes keep springtails as livestock. Anochetus for example.
- Gamergate Ants: Every ant starts as a queenant, but they usually have an alpha queen (the gamergate) which tries to keep her brute infertile. They can however change the leader if another one wants to overthrow the current alpha. They are clever girls. ;) Diacamma rugosum for example.
- Wood Ants: They are bigger than most ants and easy to spot. They live in dead trees or wood. Preferably dry. Camponotus herculeanus for example.
-Weaver Ants: They build their nests inside of trees using the silk of their larvae to glue the leafs, mosses and twigs together. Camponotus orinus for example.
- Marauder Ants: They are well-known for their ext ream sizes. The queens can grow up to 3 cm in length (as far as I know/saw). Pheidologeton for example.

I must tell you that I don't know everything of course and some of those informations might be wrong. Like the name of the species or one or two facts but as far as I remembered those facts should be true.

Hopefully we will get to see some interesting new colonies and I could imagine a fight between weaver ants and leaf cutter ants but I don't know if those two kind of ants could ever meet or if they will be implemented into the game but I will gladly help the developers if they need some help with facts and informations about different kinds of ants. :)

Anyway. I'm super glad that I found this game in 2017 and that it got made. Super happy to be part of this community. :)
Welcome! Please don't really ask for things like a update where ants can live a month without food, this an RFS inspired game, am I correct?

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Welcome! Please don't really ask for things like a update where ants can live a month without food, this an RFS inspired game, am I correct?

Oh no. Don't worry. If so I would ask for a sims like game where you can speed the time forward and walk arround with your queen. xD
hahaha
I was also mearly sharing some of my experiences I made taking care of my ants.

Antlover556

Worker
Please stop replying to very old threads without a good reason. It unbalances the forums.
I think your country must have the best chocolate ever what does it taste like compared to candy in us

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I think your country must have the best chocolate ever what does it taste like compared to candy in us
So far I only had twinkies. However the twinkies didn't taste that special and I would prefer another candy with cream inside and marzipan on the outside dipped in chocolate on each end. No idea what the name is but yeah I prefer European and Japanese candy over US candy.

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I wanna try the Neuhaus chocolate, I heard that it tasted really good and was named after the guy who created it. Also, yeah, Japanese candy is either lots of milk chocolate made in a creative way or sour. European is just nuts and nuts and some sort of cream, also the truffle chocolates, those are heaven. US candy is mainly comprised off of Milk chocolate and Caramel, which actually tastes good but there’s not much diversity between all the types of candy, there’s also big brands everywhere which kinda makes me bored of seeing the same thing all over again.

Last edited:

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I wanna try the Neuhaus chocolate, I heard that it tasted really good and was named after the guy who created it. Also, yeah, Japanese candy is either lots of milk chocolate made in a creative way or sour. European is just nuts and nuts and some sort of cream, also the truffle chocolates, those are heaven. US candy is mainly comprised off of Milk chocolate and Caramel, which actually tastes good but there’s not much diversity between all the types of candy, there’s also big brands everywhere which kinda makes me bored of seeing the same thing all over again.
OOOOFFF (big double ooof) Neuhaus is not exactly good. I worked at a bank where they offered those small packs with a bit of Neuhaus chocolate along with the coffee for the visitors (Pre Covid obviously) and I couldn't really taste any orange or raspberry or cherry in their chocolate with those tastes. They have a thin layer of those fillings but not very well flavoured. I can recommend however to get the forbidden US fruit called Kinder Surprise (Kinder überraschung) or Milka Peanut Caramel (German's Answer to Snickers). If you want to try a European brand for Chocolate you can also try Leonidas. I only take their Marzipan boxes but I send chocolate of them to a friend of mine for his b-days or christmas. :)
He always loves it.
Then there is Haribo who make a lot of nice Candies. Also M&Ms are also nice. The only issue I have with that brand is that they are pretty expensive and I still don't get why. An example is I got me a super early advent calendar and it had about 200g of M&M's in it. That one costed about 10€ which was about twice the price of a bag with about 500g of Peanut M&M's. The thing did also mostly contain the chocolate and only one crisp package. Soo yeah I rather buy a normal package and make my own calendar out of that. xD
Also Aldi got some really good substitute version of it. :p