Hours Played

mrm181

Worker
Hello everyone. Curious how many hours you have logged in this game to date? FYI Steam keeps on the game library page.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
276. I thought it'd be more than that. I tend to binge during testing periods then burn out.

If anyone's interested, I'm doing a new playthrough of the campaign on Twitch to fill in the streaming schedule.

MedinB

Colony
With all those hours, I would expect for people to become faster like using Tab for surface, I do but some people with hours don't. And be a legit pro.

Mr_Ced

Colony
With all those hours, I would expect for people to become faster like using Tab for surface, I do but some people with hours don't. And be a legit pro.
I pretty much use hotkeys for every thing at this point and I have a build order for every level and every species in Freeplay.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I pretty much use hotkeys for every thing at this point and I have a build order for every level and every species in Freeplay.
Same for me. I also have a nest build 'pattern' for my freeplay colonies, using hex shaped chambers with paths through them for fast movement:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.ph...urday-nest-design.4469/#lg=post-21307&slide=0

These images are from an old 'procedurally generated' nest layout. (Procedurally generated in this case meaning that I follewed certain rules that determined chamber layout and chamber connections without any creative liberties.)
I wonder if the rules for procedurally generating the design are simple enough for a future freeplay AI(s) to use?

According to Steam my play time is 223 hours by the way. If Steam does not log playtime in offline mode the real play time is probably much higher.

mrm181

Worker
Same for me. I also have a nest build 'pattern' for my freeplay colonies, using hex shaped chambers with paths through them for fast movement:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.ph...urday-nest-design.4469/#lg=post-21307&slide=0

These images are from an old 'procedurally generated' nest layout. (Procedurally generated in this case meaning that I follewed certain rules that determined chamber layout and chamber connections without any creative liberties.)
I wonder if the rules for procedurally generating the design are simple enough for a future freeplay AI(s) to use?

According to Steam my play time is 223 hours by the way. If Steam does not log playtime in offline mode the real play time is probably much higher.

Nice Colony!

MedinB

Colony

WOW!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Does that include dev time..?

I'm not a dev, but I suspect the other guys who actually are probably have a lot less playtime than me since they usually play in-engine or on local builds rather than Steam. Let me check John's playtime - yep, he only has 89.

When major updates come out I put in a ton of play testing and that's where the majority of my hours in the game go.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Sitting at a solid 339 hours for me, have been playing since day 1 of early access release. Most of the time probably went into insane mode attempts at all the various levels.