How do I beat 4.2 insane?

WaffleGuy

Colony
I can't think of any strategy to beat 4.2 on insane. Do you guys have any that I could try?
The main focus for this level will be the early game. Everything hinges on it; if you cannot get enough aphids and vigorous soldiers, then you're for sure dead.

Strategy 1: Never upgrade. It's not cost efficient because it slows down progress. It's not worth it at all.
Strategy 2: At the beginning of the game, 20 vigorous soldiers will be your minimum, and you must get both the southern and southwestern aphids, this will ensure your survival.
Strategy 3: Since the early game is so important and easy to attempt, focus on improving it. If you can get 25 vigorous soldiers, try to get 30. These kinds of practice tricks give you a very needed headstart on the level.
Strategy 4: Do everything quickly. This is again based on practice, but it will help a lot with other levels. Just keep practicing basic strategies like excavation (in this case you can go both northern and southern at the same time), subduing enemy waves, and multitasking with different pheromone groups.
Strategy 5: You will only need 100 vigorous soldiers for the entire level. Yes, all level one. After you have these soldiers, focus on spamming workers as much as possible, as they are more cost efficient and can gather food quickly. You should win within 50 minutes.

syrian dugong

Soldier
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The main focus for this level will be the early game. Everything hinges on it; if you cannot get enough aphids and vigorous soldiers, then you're for sure dead.

Strategy 1: Never upgrade. It's not cost efficient because it slows down progress. It's not worth it at all.
Strategy 2: At the beginning of the game, 20 vigorous soldiers will be your minimum, and you must get both the southern and southwestern aphids, this will ensure your survival.
Strategy 3: Since the early game is so important and easy to attempt, focus on improving it. If you can get 25 vigorous soldiers, try to get 30. These kinds of practice tricks give you a very needed headstart on the level.
Strategy 4: Do everything quickly. This is again based on practice, but it will help a lot with other levels. Just keep practicing basic strategies like excavation (in this case you can go both northern and southern at the same time), subduing enemy waves, and multitasking with different pheromone groups.
Strategy 5: You will only need 100 vigorous soldiers for the entire level. Yes, all level one. After you have these soldiers, focus on spamming workers as much as possible, as they are more cost efficient and can gather food quickly. You should win within 50 minutes.
Thanks! Will definitely try it out by tommorrow.

WaffleGuy

Colony
(I know this is a sort of necropost, but I didn't think starting a new thread is worth it since this one is still quite young.)
So I have a couple more helpful tips thanks to Heolx.
  1. The proper way to get the aphids is to get them after the first day. Heolx tested this and confirmed that it's faster and easier to get the southern ones on the first night.
  2. There are three milkweed plants you need aphids from by the second day, the one previously stated and the two southwest of the nest. It may seem hard, but by spawncamping the frogs with 50 vigorous soldiers at night then getting the aphids, you'll pull it off.