How Does Venom Work?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
This is a general question I had, as I wasn't really sure the mechanics of venom. Does it stack damage, stack duration, or not stack at all?

I'm mostly wondering since it's a feature on spitters in the formicarium, and I'm unsure which upgrade is better. I'm also wondering how the spider venom ends up playing out, as it's possible that multiple bites will be less effective compared to spiders attacking several different individuals.

Soccer51x

Worker
It seems like it does gradual damage overtime, I tested this and yeah, it does a fixed amount of damage for a bit of time. They added an update where a poisoned ant has green above it, you will watch the health blip down slowly, course I had full upgraded ants so it could be more powerful. funnel webs don't have poison, anything it takes into it's nest just die immediately ;P

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I am aware that it is a DoT. The question I have is about the nature of the DoT.

Is its degen overridden by a new application? Is the newest, most damaging, or longest lasting prioritized?

Can multiple instances of venom be in effect at one time?

Does venom extend duration and average damage upon repeated application (pretty certain this is a nope, we would have seen it more noticeably)?