How to implement Polygyn antspecies / game mode into the game?

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
So I had written the quote below, what? 5 to 10 minutes ago?, and I had an idea. How about addid a polygyn colony. The story could be the following. The queen has freshly matted so you see your queen walk into the nest and you have to dig out a tunnel that leads to an area with 2 queen sized chambers. The path would have to be flanked by solid unbreakable walls and the queen needs a 2x2 tunnel to pass through.

Shortly after you have dug out some tiles a second queen joins you so you manage to get faster to your nesting area. Both queens have a chamber on their own which are slightly seperated from each other.

Then you get started. You put down two tiles for your nanitics and then the queens will stay put on both slots that you have created and to make sure people not just keep one queen moving the nanitics will not spawn / hatch until both queens got their slots. Now the total amount of nanitics can be set to 14. 7 per queen. This means if one queen dies, you only have 7 nanitics because the others will die with their queen.

Next you can get started with your colony. You will have to grow quick as something is about the happen. Either they will be raided by some other colony soon or there is a colony of army ants joining into the area. I bet you will be able to figure out a good plot. :)

Now there could be another part of the mission which might involve moving into a second nest as many ant colonies / species have a satelite nest. This means that they have a main nest and also start a second nest. :)

What do you think? Should be possible to implement a polygyn colony and also the mechanic or moving the queen within the nest. :)

I thought I should add some idea or feedback to this sugguestion.

From a developpers point of view, there is an easy solution to this. Either you just don't allow it or you only allow it if there is a new set of nanitic tiles. Which would mean that you first have to place a new slot of nanitics and then be able to remove the original slots. This could be interesting for a moving option for the queen.

But how to obviously avoid people using this to just move the queen around a bunch hidding her each time cheating the game etc.
Well the next rule could be that first in order to remove A you need to have B. Second B cannot spawn any workers unless you tell the queen to move to B.

But what now? You have now 14 slots for cheap nanitics.

Here you set a limit of 7 nanitics. So the eggs cannot be placed until one of the eggs on the other slot have hatched or unless A was completely removed.

I guess this might bring some bugs that may or may not be easy to fix or a pain in the ass. But it might be something to think about or look into.

Actually thinking about this a little further I already see a sugguestion for my own. :p