Invisible Dead and Progenitors

Deante0

Larva
So i found through trying to click on certain fish to examine them that there are fish that die or glitch for various reasons that seem to just continue existence without a graphic, though they also don't move or perform any other action so i assumed at first they were all dead. They can be clicked and examined (an empty box displays around them, and the information box is fully populated) I found this by coincidence clicking in one of my spawning grounds and pinpointed two culprits of this with two very different behaviors. By using the cull power these invisible undead can be removed, making them no longer select-able. When clicked you'll also hear the appropriate culling sound. It should be noted deleting these seemed to increase game performance, though not by much.

First culprit aka the normal dead
These are simply fish that died by some natural means, nothing terribly special, using the cull power removes them and their information. Cull sound effect occurs and the invisible box i could once select is no longer select-able.

Second culprit aka Unborn
I noticed some times when i click in a valid nursery to spawn a new species that my new fish didn't seem to spawn and was just annoyed and started clicking a few times regardless of cost. Later after finding my first invisible fish I started clicking about and found several invisible boxes called progenitors that were all stuck around 97%. I culled these like the other invisible fish i found to be met with that species suddenly being born and produced in their first generation as though i had used the create species button. It seems like they get glitched during some process and never make the next generation, culling them seems to fix the glitch and frees up the process allowing them to birth properly.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
So i found through trying to click on certain fish to examine them that there are fish that die or glitch for various reasons that seem to just continue existence without a graphic, though they also don't move or perform any other action so i assumed at first they were all dead. They can be clicked and examined (an empty box displays around them, and the information box is fully populated) I found this by coincidence clicking in one of my spawning grounds and pinpointed two culprits of this with two very different behaviors. By using the cull power these invisible undead can be removed, making them no longer select-able. When clicked you'll also hear the appropriate culling sound. It should be noted deleting these seemed to increase game performance, though not by much.

First culprit aka the normal dead
These are simply fish that died by some natural means, nothing terribly special, using the cull power removes them and their information. Cull sound effect occurs and the invisible box i could once select is no longer select-able.

Second culprit aka Unborn
I noticed some times when i click in a valid nursery to spawn a new species that my new fish didn't seem to spawn and was just annoyed and started clicking a few times regardless of cost. Later after finding my first invisible fish I started clicking about and found several invisible boxes called progenitors that were all stuck around 97%. I culled these like the other invisible fish i found to be met with that species suddenly being born and produced in their first generation as though i had used the create species button. It seems like they get glitched during some process and never make the next generation, culling them seems to fix the glitch and frees up the process allowing them to birth properly.
That's very interesting and potentially quite a problem! Especially if it is affecting performance. I'll do some playthroughs where I try to duplicate what happened and look for anything hanging around. On the information box, was their age going up, or was it stuck? I really appreciate your detailed bug report here and the one in the other thread. Thanks for helping make the game better.