Issues regarding food

Axxiom

Larva
I haven’t been able to pinpoint where the problem is with any certainty, but I feel like when I place green sea sponge’s it throws everything out of whack.

For example, I’ll place starfish everywhere and get a species going feeding on them, everything goes smoothly, the I’ll put out elephant grass and start up a second species. No problems and I can change they’re feeding Then I try the green sea sponge tubes, this is wherever things start going funky. It’ll let me choose the food source the first time, but if I try to change that species food to something else, the sponge almost gets locked in? It will let me choose other types but the sponge seems to get stuck. If I create another species after, it tends to show me the plant based foods, but I entirely lose the option to choose starfish or sea sponge. It happens almost every play through I try it. Sometimes in different ways, but I’m pretty sure the issue is with the sponge tubes. (I could be wrong)

I almost want to say it has something to do with the length of the “Green Sponge Tube” in that it takes up 2 lines in the creatures display window where it lists food sources. That seems to be when the problems start happening. I’ll be spending tonight playing around trying to figure out the cause so...probably more to come on this.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Thank you for the detailed steps! I will check it out tonight as well and do my best to figure out what's happening.

Deante0

Larva
So i had the same issue with green sponges and the yellow starfish. However i noted another issue that occurred at a similar time. The food source can not be selected by newly raised species as a viable option for food. The option is just completely gone from the list of 9 that usually appears, it doesn't leave a blank in the list but all the other options just fill into the next available place. I can continue to create the food but to no real point unless i had a successful species that could eat that food source. Good news is that the creatures can continue to devour the food unless they are murdered by a sudden explosion of predators...

Thought i'd try to help, next i play i'll be sure to pull screen shots.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
So i had the same issue with green sponges and the yellow starfish. However i noted another issue that occurred at a similar time. The food source can not be selected by newly raised species as a viable option for food. The option is just completely gone from the list of 9 that usually appears, it doesn't leave a blank in the list but all the other options just fill into the next available place. I can continue to create the food but to no real point unless i had a successful species that could eat that food source. Good news is that the creatures can continue to devour the food unless they are murdered by a sudden explosion of predators...

Thought i'd try to help, next i play i'll be sure to pull screen shots.
Thank you, every bit of data helps. I will check to see if the second issue is related to the first or whether it is a coincidence. Either way, I will hopefully fix both soon. Much appreciated!