Keep up the unique enemy design

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I've noticed a lot of unique aspects to each enemy type, which I found to make the game far more interesting.

Devil's Coach Horse: The confusion their spray applies makes them far more powerful when paired with larvae due to support capabilities, and was an addition that I don't think was there in the early development.

Tiger Beetles: They have both cleave damage and a stun, making them a clear anti-melee role, and a powerhouse when solo.

Wolf Spiders: Their unique AI made them stand out, as they are very different to fight compared to standard enemies. They also have that cool corpse feast, which is easy to overlook but requires some focus from the player as the spider can effectively solo any number of lone ants. They also have a venom attack, which is seemingly unique to them for the time being.

Hermit Crabs: They really fill their tank role well, with a regen that requires them to sacrifice their ability to attack at around 20% health, making them a walking bunker.

It just feels like there's a lot of attention to detail, and a lot to learn as a player. This especially helps the game due to the way it plays out, being almost a puzzle requiring you to tackle specific challenges.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
This is some really lovely feedback. I think all 3 of the guys on the dev team want something unique for each creature they add to the game :)

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
How does that "corpse feast" work btw? I notice that spiders heal seemingly randomly. Is this a reward for their kills, or something totally different?

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Made a unique enemy for you:
http://forum.eotugame.com/index.php?topic=1137.0

It's kinda unique in it's abilities (but not exactly) however the biggest uniqueness is it's behavour. It targets (and eats) larger creatures like beetle larvae, wood worms and spiders which can make it a blessing (when it eats critters that threaten your hive) and a curse (when it eats critters YOU wanted to kill and eat).
It's a truly neutral creature.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I could definitely see those being very fun to work around or with, especially in an insane mode strategy.