laptop requirement for Empire of the Undergrowth please

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The issue with this laptop will be the lack of a dedicated graphics chip so you are likely to need to run the game on lower graphical settings to make it smooth, and it may suffer from intermittent crashes.

Other than that, the specs look fine, but I can't guarantee it will be acceptable due to the lack of dedicated GPU.

Dear Mike, thanks for your reply; is this one any better? being only 10 years old, trying not spend too much.
Technical Specifications
Type: LaptopOperating System: Windows 11Screen Size: 14" to 14.9"Display Type: TNDisplay Resolution: Pixels 1366 x 768Touch Screen: NoProcessor: AMD Ryzen 3Processor Model: 3250UProcessor Cores: DualProcessor Speed: 2.6 GHz up to 3.5 Max. Clock Speed GHzRAM Size: 8GBStorage Size: 256GBStorage Type: SSDGraphics Brand: IntelGraphics Card: Integrated UHDHDMI Input: 1USB-A (2.0): 1USB 3.0 Ports: 2Card Reader: 4 in 1Webcam: YesWi-Fi: 802.11acBluetooth: 5.0Colour: Platinum GreyAdditional Features: 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) TN display, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor (2.6 - 3.5GHz), 256GB SSD storage with 8GB RAMManufacturer's Warranty: 12 Months

Hi Mike
sorry, one more to review please, (this one is cheaper
Specifications
Barcode (GTIN) 4710886766360Product Type LaptopsBrand AcerModel A315-58-36FNSeries Aspire 3Colour SilverProcessor Brand IntelProcessor Type 11th Gen Intel Core i3Processor Model 1115G4Processor Max Speed (GHz) 4.10Cache Size (MB) 6Installed RAM 4GBRAM Configuration 1 x 4GBRAM Expandable To (GB) 12RAM Type DDR4Primary Storage Capacity 256GBStorage Type SSDScreen Size (inches) 15.6Screen Definition Full High DefinitionScreen Resolution 1920 x 1080GPU Chipset Manufacturer IntelGPU Chipset UHD GraphicsGraphics Card Memory Type SharedWireless Networking 802.11ax, BluetoothEstimated Battery Life (hr) Up to 8Connectivity 1x USB 3.1 (Gen1), 2x USB 2.0, HDMI, RJ45Operating System Windows 11 Home in S modeProduct Width (cm) 36.34Product Depth (cm) 24.75Product Height (cm) 1.99Weight (kg) 1.9Manufacturers Express Warranty (months) 12

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The thing that is crucial, that all three of these options lack, is a dedicated graphics chip. This is the part of the specs you need to check carefully:

Graphics Card: Integrated UHD
or
GPU Chipset UHD Graphics

Both of those indicate that the laptops use integrated graphics, which are low-spec and share memory / clock cycles with the CPU. In general, if where on the spec list it says "integrated", "UHD", or "Intel", then you know the laptop will not be very good for gaming.

There are plenty of budget options, but be on the lookout for specs that include the words "AMD", "Radeon", "nVidia" or "GeForce" in the graphics section.

thank you Mike for the tip above for the dedicated graphics chip. If grandson 9 going on 10 and not a serious adult gamer, would one of the above surffice for the next 24 months? I just need to know if the game will load up and he can play on a very "basic" level. Preferably the last one, as the price point in Australia fits my budget better. Just don't want the disappointment in the beginning that the game will not load up. Thank you for your time. kind regards, Christine

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I see your dilemma, and unfortunately I don't have an answer I can give you which is 100% bullet proof, because in the very diverse world of PC hardware there are quirks that can mean a game might work fine on one system but crash on an almost identical one.

That being said, without being able to give any guarantees, I will say this:

All three of those options *should* be able to run the game, but none of them will run it well. If you're not going to prioritise getting a laptop with a dedicated graphics chip, memory capacity would be what I would worry about next - 8 gigabytes is definitely sufficient.

Dear Mike, understand there are no guarantees per your explanation above.
this is another spec; is this graphics component a bit better? thank you

This Leader Companion 403 Notebook features an incredibly crisp, crystal clear display making for and enjoyable experience whether you're using it for work or play. This light weight and energy efficient notebook comes pre installed with latest Windows 11 Professional edition, allowing you to get started right out of the box. Plus, it come with the Minecraft game pre installed, licensed Minecraft stickers and has a green case with green WASD keys.
  • 14" LCD HD display with 1368x720 resolution.
  • Dual-Core 1.1 GHz Intel processor.
  • 4GB DDR4 memory.
  • 128GB eMMC storage.
  • Intel® UHD Graphics 600 processor.
  • Connections via USB 3.0, USB 2.0, Mini HDMI, 3.5 mm audio in, WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0.
  • 12 month warranty.
  • 8 hour battery time.
  • Windows 11 Pro operating system.
  • Integrated 720p HD webcam.
  • Minecraft green design.

Officeworks Bring Back I.T. Program.​

Hi Mike, Found another which might have a better graphics chip? thanks again

About this item​

• AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
  • 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
  • 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
  • Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts