Level Maker

it would be a pretty cool idea to allow players to make their own extra levels
the player would be able to choose a base, undergrown only, beach, rainforest, ect....
then add enemies, food, props, enemy spawns, ect
maybe even voice lines

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
This has been talked about and suggested many times, every time it is the same answer (Simplified a bit, might've used different wording)
The tool used to make the levels is good for the Dev Team but not for public use.
My guess is that if the level editor is released or if one made for the public is made, it will have a high skill requirement to understand.

This has been talked about and suggested many times, every time it is the same answer (Simplified a bit, might've used different wording)

My guess is that if the level editor is released or if one made for the public is made, it will have a high skill requirement to understand.
or just a paitent guy to wait for a tutorial

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
or just a paitent guy to wait for a tutorial
You don't understand, for all we could know it could look like this (please don't mess up the indents, forum):
from df_Map import Map

#Map dimensions (ncols, nrows)
nx, ny = 15, 15
#Player nest location
ix, iy = 0, 0

import OST
print(OSTOptions)
map= Map(nx, ny, ix, iy)
level.map_map2()

print(map)
map.write_svg('4/2.svg')
And the nice screenshots we get from Mike would be from the code at line 13.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
still someone will make a tutorial and i understood already half of that code
You understood code that needs another Python file to be imported and the code itself wouldn't run?

All I'm saying is that it is unlikely to happen, perhaps after the full release.

Thecoolant

Queen
Ecosystem Beta Tester
it would be a pretty cool idea to allow players to make their own extra levels
the player would be able to choose a base, undergrown only, beach, rainforest, ect....
then add enemies, food, props, enemy spawns, ect
maybe even voice lines
I would personally love this feature.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
From the FAQ (please everyone read through it if you haven't):

Will we be able to make our own maps?

The in-house solution we use is great for us but isn't fit for public consumption. A lot like multiplayer, making a level editor fit for purpose outside of the dev team would take a lot of time and we'd have to weigh up whether it'd be worth it. Also like multiplayer, it's something we'd like to do but certainly not before we leave early access.