More gradual food point income

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Hey, it would be great if there was a very low food point income (either something like 1 point every 5 minutes or something relative to plant growth across the map) as it's a bit annoying to have to wait 20-30 minutes for another (of the extremely rare) milestone(s) to pop up and give you some.

The income of lifepoint is fine as you get a small trickle of them as long as your creatures do well but there's nothing alike for food points.

Also a "continue game" option for the demo (basically one savegame that gets deleted when you start a new map) would be great to test the long-term behavior of the game (I had a massive sea urchin invasion in one, they were fine for a time until after a few hours they started to swamp the entire map). Swimbots usually takes days to get interesting creatures and in Ecosystem they evolve even slower.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Hey, it would be great if there was a very low food point income (either something like 1 point every 5 minutes or something relative to plant growth across the map) as it's a bit annoying to have to wait 20-30 minutes for another (of the extremely rare) milestone(s) to pop up and give you some.

The income of lifepoint is fine as you get a small trickle of them as long as your creatures do well but there's nothing alike for food points.
That's a good idea! I know the lack of food points was a problem for people in the previous version of the demo as well. I had hoped to rework them but didn't quite have enough time before the updated demo was released and so instead I just increased the counts a little. Before the Early Access release, I think I will be able to include your suggestion or something that functions similarly.

Also a "continue game" option for the demo (basically one savegame that gets deleted when you start a new map) would be great to test the long-term behavior of the game (I had a massive sea urchin invasion in one, they were fine for a time until after a few hours they started to swamp the entire map). Swimbots usually takes days to get interesting creatures and in Ecosystem they evolve even slower.
It's a little tricky making a demo for Ecosystem because I don't want people to miss out on anything interesting in the game, and yet I can't put in so much that there's no reason not to just stick with the demo forever. I'm still working on implementing the loading and saving systems so them being left out, as a decision, was sort of made for me. I can reconsider what is best to include vs lock away once those are done, which shouldn't be too far away, though I can't make any promises about changes.

Thanks for the suggestions. They are much appreciated :)

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Are food points the fish or the plants icon? If you’re talking about the fish then it is definetely hard to get those points because you need to wait quite a long duration of time to either achieve a milestone or get enough fish to have a gradual income of fish points. But I think I’m just being dumb here because they only give you plant points in the last milestone (I think) so that eliminates the plant points.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The fish points are fine, they trickle in slowly but steady.
The points that let you place plants are a real issue, you basically can't get any outside of the milestones.

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Yep, I just usually place plants or coral that can duplicate quickly so I don’t have to worry about the points.