more Scientist Lines

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I feel that the scientist should have more things to say on the challenges. Like when the male scientist drops wevils into the formicarium maybe if you die they could say something like:

"John why are there beetles in the formicarium!?" Heather said, "It turns out some cockroach of a mother laid her eggs in the soil we extracted." John replied smartly covering up, "Very well then, exterminate the wevils and let us find another specimen." Heather ended with frustration.

I named the scientist what I think their names are.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
There won't be any more lines for the current missions - voice actors need to be paid, and when we have them for recording sessions we need to be really efficient. However, we'll be recording new lines for new missions!

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
He's kind of right because we need a good estimate of how much this operation costs to run. It could give us an idea of how hard you work to make this game.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
AntsAreAwesome said:
Do you mind me asking how much it cost to pay them?

I'm afraid I do. Would be totally inappropriate to say that publically.

Redmoth27 said:
It could give us an idea of how hard you work to make this game.

Interesting phrasing. Very hard, is the answer. This is the guy's vision many years in the making. 2 out of 3 of them have other full-time day jobs and don't even take a salary from the company yet. You don't put that kind of work into something for no immediate reward unless you're very dedicated to it.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I don't mean to sound like I'm saying a line from a trade screen in a sci-fi strategy game but,
thank you for the information.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I don't want to sound nitpicky, but after a level, if you pick extra royal jelly, the scientist woman says, "How is the colony doing?" To me, the "how" is very harsh, and sounds possibly poorly recorded. It's a small thing, but I hear it a lot because I always pick jelly. I'd like it to be maybe rerecorded. Sorry.

Ive replayed and to me it just sounds like she is further away from the formicarium.

The male scientist just stands right in front of the formicarium while the female scientist just checks in from the door on her way through, at least that what it sounds like to me.